unsellable homes !

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
julian
Andalucia Guru

unsellable homes !

Postby julian » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:18 pm

what´s this I hear on the news today about 1 million un-insurable,un-sellable and un-inhabitable homes ??!!!...where??? in the UK !!!! will those of you with properties in the UK be jumping ship now ??? :?

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:59 pm

If you had listened to the full report then you would know these houses haven't been built yet.
They are new houses that might be built on flood planes. Given the recent floods in the UK this seems to me to bean incredibly stupid idea.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

julian
Andalucia Guru

SPAIN

Postby julian » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:14 pm

don´t spoil it Gerry, since when did the details and facts matter in the headlines of a shock-horror story !!! they never have done in the stories about Spain, so why should they about the UK ??? :wink:

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:30 pm

Hi Julian
Very true. Why let the facts spoil a good story.

I still think it's an incredibly stupid idea. I would have thought the word 'flood' in flood plane would give a hint as to what will happen when it rains. :)
The report went on to suggest that a large sum of money would be spent on flood defences. All this will do is to move the flood downstream and flood somebody else. :(
Gerry Harris

julian
Andalucia Guru

spain

Postby julian » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:33 pm

the world has become one giant "manicomio" :(

bob
Resident

Postby bob » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:55 pm

Julian, it has been, is now and ever shall be whirled without end.

Don

Postby Don » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:44 pm

Actually Gerry, flood defences cause upstream flooding when on a river, they create a bottleneck so the upstream catchment cant drain and is forced out of its channels.

For years it has been crazy to allow building in flood plains but we can look to the developers greed for this as flood plain agricultural land is cheaper than the better "drained" land so they can make more bucks when they sell the houses to the punters at "the market price".