Ryanair Flights & Entering Passport Information

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
maureenscot
Resident

Re: Ryanair Flights & Entering Passport Information

Postby maureenscot » Sun May 20, 2018 6:51 pm

Yes always have to put in passport number. Dunflittin68. I sympathise. I always have to look for somewhere to printout and checkin when I am on holiday

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sun May 20, 2018 6:58 pm

Easyjet also allow you to do it before. I’m not sure about BA. I have a flight booked for early December but i think it’s possible to input it earlier but you cannot check in with them until a day before.
At least with Ryanair it’s impossible to forget to input the passport details
Maureen,
If you get the airline’s app, it’s possible to checkin without the need for paper. Very useful when you’re away from home.

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Sun May 20, 2018 7:25 pm

Maureen, you may not be aware the library is free in Spain, i assume it is the same all over, worth checking out....

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Sun May 20, 2018 8:07 pm

What library?

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Mon May 21, 2018 8:09 am

Dunflittin68 wrote:I have already paid for priority boarding but still haven't the option of inputting API information, does this mean that 2 months before I can input my info without paying anything extra ? As I said with Primera you can input your API info months before and you DON'T have to pay for priority boarding or anything extra to input the info and you do not have to check in online at all if you have cases from what I can see.

As you say Mark, it seems Ryanair do everything possible to force you to pay for extras before you can even do the legal thing and input your passport info :x
It isn't priority boarding you have to pay for in order to be able to check-in online up to 60 days before the flight with Ryanair - it is paying for a pre-selected seat. If you have done that you can check in online two months before and input your API information then.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon May 21, 2018 9:18 am

Just had my flight cancelled due to ATC strike .... ended up being a very expensive trip :(

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon May 21, 2018 9:32 am

When is the ATC strike?

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Mon May 21, 2018 10:10 am

Air Traffic Control France manana, i expect this is what is meant...

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Mon May 21, 2018 12:58 pm

grandaughter & family due to fly tomorrow Leeds/Alicante. Every other airline seems to be finding a way round it, she has had to scramble around finding flights, emailing school & nursery, and had to set off at 4.30 this morning to Manchester, flight to Belfast, then another (4 hours later) to Alicante. Price difference (assuming Ryanair refund original tickets) around £400!
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Dunflittin68
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Dunflittin68 » Mon May 21, 2018 4:10 pm

Free at Last wrote:
Dunflittin68 wrote:I have already paid for priority boarding but still haven't the option of inputting API information, does this mean that 2 months before I can input my info without paying anything extra ? As I said with Primera you can input your API info months before and you DON'T have to pay for priority boarding or anything extra to input the info and you do not have to check in online at all if you have cases from what I can see.

As you say Mark, it seems Ryanair do everything possible to force you to pay for extras before you can even do the legal thing and input your passport info :x
It isn't priority boarding you have to pay for in order to be able to check-in online up to 60 days before the flight with Ryanair - it is paying for a pre-selected seat. If you have done that you can check in online two months before and input your API information then.
I have pre-selected my seats so I can print off the boarding passes before I leave for the UK then and put the passport info in then? Is that right ?

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Mon May 21, 2018 5:36 pm

Yes, that's right.

maureenscot
Resident

Postby maureenscot » Mon May 21, 2018 6:41 pm

Thank you. Didnt realise that the libraries were free. Cannot get an app as don't have smart phone. Still have Nokia 3310

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Mon May 21, 2018 8:10 pm

wollie wrote:"Check-in is not available at the moment. Early check-in will be available from 13th Jul 2018. Standard check-in will be available from 7th Sep 2018"
If i booked this flight today i would only have a two day window for free boarding.

Above info for original poster...
This is what i got when i had a look just now for a return trip, out journey on Sept 11.

What Manchesteral is saying is simply "total nonsense" every boarding pass for international flight has the passport number written on same.
Grand Canaria and internal i do not know if Passport Number on pass as i have never taken internal flight in Spain.
It may be everyone in Ryanair admin knows this persons Passport number but seems unlikely.

It is not nonsense, why would I say that, I am telling you that as far as I am aware I have never volunteered this information, I have recently booked a flight from Gran Canaria to Manchester on 4th June with Thomas Cook using Travel ingenio as the booking agent, I booked online and they have already checked me in, no request for further information, I am not in the habit of lying !!

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Mon May 21, 2018 8:39 pm

I don’t think anyone is accusing you of lying, but you are 100% mistaken. There is no way you would be getting on an aircraft without them having your details. At some time, in some way you must have given then the information. If you want to test it, just go through the motions of making a booking using a false name, and see at what point you have to give passport details to proceed.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Mon May 21, 2018 9:14 pm

peteroldracer wrote:... just go through the motions of making a booking using a false name, and see at what point you have to give passport details to proceed.
You do not, in my experience having booked flights for my son and grandson today with Ryanair, have to give passport details at the time of booking.
I fully expect to have to give the passport details when I do the online check in/print the boarding passes for them.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Mon May 21, 2018 9:46 pm

If I'm correct, I think the point Peter is making is it's perfectly feasible to give a false name when booking the flight but it won't be possible to fly out of Spain due to the fact at some time you will need to give them the passport details.

Manchesteral. The airline always ask to look at your passport to check your it with the details on your boarding card, even when you fly to other Schengen countries and there is no passport control.

Parilla
Resident

Postby Parilla » Tue May 22, 2018 5:12 am

Wollie, I think you're wrong about boarding passes bearing the passenger's passport number. I'm looking now at 4 passes, 2 Ryanair and 2 EasyJet, recently printed for next week for my wife and I, and none of them have our passport numbers on - even though each airline obviously have those numbers or we could not check in on line.
Parilla

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Tue May 22, 2018 7:03 am

My understanding is that they always check the name.
It’s always worth going into your booking online to check you have spelt it correctly within 24 hours of making the booking as they allow you to change stuff free in the first 24 hours of the booking.

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Tue May 22, 2018 8:00 am

Manchesteral, i did not say you were lying as i would not say that, just look if the passport number is on your board pass for flight?
If it is someone gave them the information.

Parilla that's interesting, i have easyjet boarding passes here at the moment and passport number on them all. I only did it on Sunday and had to have the other person text me the said number before i could check them in.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Tue May 22, 2018 8:08 am

Just had a look at some of my old boarding passes.
Easyjet has my passport number on it, it is under my name.
Ryanair does not but my be included in the barcode?
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris