Primera Air Reviews

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
Dunflittin68
Andalucia.com Amigo

Primera Air Reviews

Postby Dunflittin68 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:27 am

Hi,

Has anyone ever flown with Primera Air? I wondered what their experience was as the reviews are dire :roll: I booked two tickets way back in February to fly in September and on checking my tickets it did not show my hold baggage was included so I booked and paid for 2 pieces of hold baggage, then found out later after my daughter checked online that the baggage was included in the price of the tickets. I tried to contact them by email to get a refund but it bounced back, tried to ring them and after waiting for half an hour I rang off and decided to check reviews. One of the most recent said she was hung up on 4 times and first time she waited 2.5 hrs :shock: All the reviews seemed to be consistent, that it was an awful airline with non-existent customer service. So it looks like I can not only say goodbye to my 50 euros for baggage but I might also not see any sign of the plane also, as many have had cancellations and have never received compensation either ! Wanted to warn other people but would be interested in any other's experiences of this air line.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Re: Primera Air Reviews

Postby Wicksey » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:12 pm

http://andalucia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=38657

Just announced cancellation of many of their routes.

I used them in May but only because they had available seats the day after my flight was cancelled due to the French ATC's strike. I found their website difficult to navigate and hated having to queue up to check in due to there being no online checking in facility.

Dunflittin68
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Dunflittin68 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:36 pm

Just checked and it says from the 29th October so our flight is still on for 13th September, that's if it turns up! :roll:

So that didn't last long did it? Who is left to fly out of Malaga now to Birmingham, just RyanAir ?

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:51 pm

Yep now just ryanair and Jet2 on the BHX AGP route. Still got Jet2 on the East Midlands route, of course.

I think the Primera issue may just be this year as it seems to be a plane capacity issue. However trying to compete with Uncle Mick, AND turn a profit must be difficult, except when theyre on strike!!
Last edited by ashtondav on Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:53 pm

Our flight was on time and we were just grateful to get back home, albeit at an expense. Hopefully your September one will be OK. Google shows Jet2 going there?

Dunflittin68
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Dunflittin68 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:31 am

Just got a response from Primera where they pointed out that they do not refund "Extras" ! When I pointed out that this was not an "Extra" I had purchased but a hold baggage item purchased twice in error, they still stuck to their mantra of "the company does not refund for extras". So I told them that as this was their incompetence at not showing that the baggage was added and paid for on my receipt causing me to think I had not got baggage added and I had paid for it twice in error, I would be putting my complaint on Trust Pilot and Trip Advisor along with the other over 1000 complaints already on there! :x

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:00 pm

...and did that work ? ;-)
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

Dunflittin68
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Dunflittin68 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:40 am

My hope was that even if I didn't get a refund, they would change the layout on their booking confirmation/receipt to show clearly the baggage was included and paid for in the ticket price as no doubt other people have made this mistake !