UK Bank Accounts

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
IreneD
Andalucia Guru

UK Bank Accounts

Postby IreneD » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:31 pm

Is this as scary as it sounds? Does it only apply to private pensions, or also state pensions?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 61166.html

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: UK Bank Accounts

Postby costakid » Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:00 pm

So have it paid into a uk account and transfer it yourself. Not rocket science

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:48 pm

Have you actually watched the video? I'm not getting at you, honest.
He clearly state, amongst all the waffle and "it's a possibility type statements" that he is referring to insurance based pensions.
Neither my company pension or state pension are "insurance based pensions" I hope. :think:
As costakid said, if it ever became a problem then I would have my pensions paid into my UK bank account and set up a regular transfer, via CurrencyFair, to transfer money every month to sty Spanish Bank.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:03 pm

Project Fear.

Nothing will change. As Gerry says, pay it into a UK bank and transfer it.

What was raised today is a possible problem with pensions earned in the EU. It may be neccessary to pay those into an EU account. This affects very few current expats as they all have EU accounts. It could affect Ex - expats who worked in the EU and have EU pensions, who now live in the UK and no longer have an EU account.

Sid

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:44 pm

Hi Irene, good to see you've posted...There has been much scaremongering, no doubt there will be more to come. :wave:

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:07 pm

There is a raft of advice in today's release of the government's Brexit "no-deal" papers"
I suspect that the no deal scenario that is being put forward by the government at the moment is project fear but aimed at the EU in order to get a deal.

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Postby TorreDelAguila » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:31 pm

You are likely right, Mark.
Mind you, if we can see that, so can the EU negotiators.
This is just a warm-up for the next few months.
Chris

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:04 pm

My pitiful U K government pension is paid into my British bank account, I just transfer money directly from that to my Deutsche bank account in Gran Canaria to cover my expenses here !!

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:47 am

I watched the BBC (Biased Broadcasting Company) news in disbelief last night. Honestly the scaremongering has to be heard to be believed. How do countries outside of the EU ever manage to do anything I can't imagine if their scare stories had any truth in them. Talking about not being able to use credit cards abroad, hospitals running our of drugs and equipment .... the news drives me mad at the moment! It's a shame they didn't just leave when they said they would, it's like it's never going to happen.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:58 am

markwilding wrote:There is a raft of advice in today's release of the government's Brexit "no-deal" papers"
I suspect that the no deal scenario that is being put forward by the government at the moment is project fear but aimed at the EU in order to get a deal.
I think it was aimed at the public before TM caves in completely. Any business that exports and imports knows from trading with the rest of the world without the rubbish coming from Raab (most of which has been doing the rounds for over two years) The Government may not have been preparing but business clubs all over UK have been. I say this because my family has had an SME in Sheffield for over 100 years. Just 5% of UK businesses export to EU. The clue to the waffle is in the word "could"

As for the pensions, those above are correct. Both OH and myself have a pension from overseas, non EU, which arrives in UK bank account.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:07 am

Wicksey said "it's a shame they didn't just leave when they said they would, it's like it's never going to happen."

Yes cameron said if the country votes leave I shall invoke A50 the next day. TM prevaricated for a year claiming they were preparing but it turned out they had done nothing. She seems to spend her time pleading to stay in all the money wasting parts of the EU many wanted to leave.

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Postby TorreDelAguila » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:06 am

The statements of potential complication and need for contingency came yesterday not from the BBC, but from the government's own working papers. Let's get this right, please.
Chris

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:58 pm

costakid, that's what we do, glad to hear from you that situation won't change.