Weather

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
costakid
Andalucia Guru

Weather

Postby costakid » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:31 am

Have we had enough rain yet? This weather is getting boring.

Stevemul
Resident

Re: Weather

Postby Stevemul » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:40 am

I blame Brexit!
The Jetstream looks like the Tory party

https://www.netweather.tv/charts-and-data/jetstream

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:54 am

The east coast and Balearics seem to be getting it much worse. The weather here appears to follow a roughly 5 year cycle of drought then rain. Our first visit to house hunt in 1996 was in terrible rain, 'the worse for 200 years' was quoted a lot, and that was after a 5 year drought. We had quite a lot of wet winters like this before it went into drought mode again and the pattern seems to have been like that more or less ever since.

I've had to let water out of the pool at the weekend which I hate doing as it is also our deposito for spring watering. Such a waste to see it all running down the road along with tons of rain water that is constantly running like a river.

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:15 am

The winter of 2009/10 is the worst one we've experienced in Spain so far - it was really awful and scarcely stopped raining for months on end. So far this year doesn't seem as bad as that, but as we're not even at the end of November yet it's really too early to make any judgements.

And Lake Viñuela is still at well under half capacity (although the figures haven't been updated yet to take account of rainfall over the last few days), although most of the reservoirs West of Málaga are pretty nearly full.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:18 pm

All of Canaria is being hammered by very severe storms currently, In Gran Canaria we're pretty lucky as we are buffered by Tenerife to the west !

gavilan
Andalucia Guru

Postby gavilan » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:40 pm

I too have had enough of the rain ... the stream has been a raging river for weeks ... weeds growing apace and leaves falling copiously ... and no chance to get outside to do anything about either! ...

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:01 pm

You need to remember that November is statistically the wettest month of the years here. December is almost the same, so if the statistical amount of rain falls in December, it will be very wet autumn. If it doesn’t it will have been pretty average. We will wait and see!

Sid

gavilan
Andalucia Guru

Postby gavilan » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:25 pm

it has rained here not just this November but also in September and October more than i can remember ...