BANCA MARCH

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
Viejo
Tourist

BANCA MARCH

Postby Viejo » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:21 pm

Simple question. I've been locked out of my online banking, when I try to use their phone reset I fail because they ask for my password. So far as I am aware I have no "password", I have an online banking card number, OK, and I have an online banking PIN, but I know they don't mean the PIN as it fails. What do they mean? Help welcome.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: BANCA MARCH

Postby Enrique » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:35 pm

Hi Viejo,
FAQ's

https://www.bancamarch.es/en/customer-service-faqs.html

Might have to.................

"Home Banking Card, for security reasons you will have to visit your Banca March branch with a valid ID. Afterwards, a new password will be issued for you. "
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Viejo
Tourist

Postby Viejo » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:43 pm

Yes thanks, but it doesn't answer the question. What is the form of this password and when would I have been sent it? Baring in mind that I log in and out frequently without ever having needed one I'm a bit stumped to know what they mean; or perhaps I set it up myself in the depths of a personal profile somewhere. Popping into a branch is not an option, there is an option but it's a pain so I thought I'd try for info here and thusly might learn where to burrow for the answer.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:56 pm

On the log in page for this bank you have to enter a 'clave de acceso'. Isn't that what you need?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Viejo
Tourist

Postby Viejo » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:26 pm

Yes, that means the PIN. But if for some reason you make an error and get blocked the unlock system specifically asks for a password not a PIN or even a clave de acceso. Actually, having now taken the pain of the hard road reset I can say they do mean the PIN, BUT the reset system rejects it. This may be automatic in the sense that if you've been locked out an unlock by this method would be intrinsically insecure. However it's not helpful. The same system is used to validate credit cards so I can understand why they use it and why they reject it as an unlock solution, but it's clumsy and not at all helpful.

Mind you, I had a big cheque from a house sale and was particularly upset to be charged several hundred euros for the privilige of banking it. I am, for the moment, still locked into Spain but I shall be oh so happy just to visit as a tourist again.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:59 pm

With my Deutsche bank acc I have three numbers to to enter before In can access my account online.
The first is Either an Nie OR Dni or pasaporte 9 numbers.

Then I have to enter Referencia 7 numbers.

Finally I enter the Contrasena which is 4 numbers, then I'm in !

pensure1988
Resident

Postby pensure1988 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:29 am

Hi

I quote from the Banca March Website

"FAQ
what should i do if my Home Banking Card has been blocked?

To unblock your card please call our Telephone Banking Service on 901 111 000, or on (+34) 971779111 if you are not in Spain. Working hours are: Monday to Friday from 8.00 a.m. to 10.00 p.m. and Saturdays from 9.00 a.m. to 3.00 p.m. If, for whatever reason, you cannot unblock your card through this channel, you will have to do so at one of our branches.

I do not remenber my password to Access the Home Banking Service

If you do not know the right password for your Home Banking Card, for security reasons you will have to visit your Banca March branch with a valid ID. Afterwards, a new password will be issued for you. "

Hope this helps

David