New Law about UK Pensions

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
Manchesteral
Resident

Re: New Law about UK Pensions

Postby Manchesteral » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:09 am

gerryh wrote:I might be missing something but what has all this talk about the UK benefit system got to do with any body living in Andalucia?
Cheers
Gerry
I think the point is Gerry, that there are people living in Andalucia who have found various ways and loopholes to scam the Britush benefits system, at least that's my interpretation of some of the comments !

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:19 pm

Beachcomber, I used to think like that until my brother became ill after working for 35 years.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:40 pm

Lavanda wrote:Thank you, Sid. I have no idea what Katy wrote and so I assume we will both be nice.

Good question ?

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:42 pm

katy wrote:Absolutely nothing which I said several posts ago but since the posts continued so did I. If you check the rules you can come to your own conclusion :mrgreen:
Again, good question ??

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:11 pm

¿Qué?

1bassleft
Resident

Postby 1bassleft » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:54 am

Back to the OP, thanks Unicorn, it was a useful, interesting read and, as the article says, "slipped out quietly". I had not come across this one from other news sources. I doubt if Mrs1BL would be eligible/in need of Pension Credit when her State Pension kicks in but, otherwise, highly relevant and I'll have to keep an eye out for any other bright ideas dreamt up to deal with retired people who have the temerity to "spend more than a month abroad" in case it does affect us.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:59 pm

katy wrote:A short report on BBC about a Judges statement re. a benefit cheat who fraudulently claimed £72,000. The Judge said the system was too complicated and open to abuse, relying too heavily on claimants honesty. Which led to a link in the Express

But of much wider concern is that despite some admirable changes by this Government brought in by former work and pensions secretary Iain Duncan Smith, the welfare system is still too complicated and open to abuse.
Sadly, though, every time people like Mr Duncan Smith try to reform the system to protect the interests of the taxpayer and tackle fraud, there is a hue and cry from Labour and other Left-wingers who try to ensure that the measures needed are watered down or stopped.

Perhaps when the BBC talks to a couple of suffering claimants (who were exposed as labour activists) they should also interview a couple of people who see what is happening in their own streets. Whilst they are turning out to commute at 7am and returning at 7.15pm some down the road are tucked up in bed at their rent/tax free homes. No thousands of pounds per year travel/clothes expenditure. Add up all the extra benefits, free prescriptions, allowances for special diets, cheap gym membership as they are too fat etc they are far better off than working. Every benefit shake up for decades, followed by the same cherry picking hard luck stories has only led to increased benefits.

One of the strangest stories I saw on TV was a couple, both obese. Both were receiving disability allowance but in addition one was also receiving carers allowance for caring for the other. Not logical, they must be picking up a tidy sum. Mental health issues appears to be the new way to tap into everything, met a few in Spain who had retired early through anxiety etc. who had found the cure in the sun.
There is a family in Wilmslow, who are well knon in the area, council estate, Mum, Dad and 18 year old daughter all of them super fat, the father and mother both in their forties are healthy apart from being fat so COULD work if the government were not so free with the public's hard earned money, the 18 year old burger and kebab quality controller is a full time carer for the other two , they have a large, newish Toyota people carrier for trips to the chippy, Macdonalds, Sultans kebab house etc, The financial dependency of these creatures on the state is appalling and needs to be dealt with !!

Strangely last year they managed, somehow, to find the strength to travel to Las Vegas !!

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:38 am

Beachcomber wrote:The UK benefits system is a shirker's charter. As several people on the BBC Moneybox programme said, if they are below retirement age why not just get a job?
So true what you say. I loved working and would have carried on if allowed, but in Spain you have to retire at 65.
Torrox Costa "El mejor clima de Europa"