Postal deliveries in Spain

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
Manchesteral
Resident

Postal deliveries in Spain

Postby Manchesteral » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:11 am

Hi all, I wonder if anyone here has a definitive answer to my somewhat ambiguous question ?

Background: As some of you may know I have been spending a lot of time in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria off and on for several years now, not resident but taking long vacations from time to time.

I have never registered my presence there with the authorities however I have had mail delivered to my rented apartment there on a number of occasions both registered mail and normal, never had any problems or queries regarding my presence there!

I am currently living (long vacation, 3 months) in Torrox, Malaga !

My question is this, is there any special protocol I need to observe in order to receive mail at my current address ( I am living in a hotel and not registered on the Padron or any official list here as I do not intend to stay here for much longer) I hope to receive some important documents in the very near future and wondered if these documents will be delivered to my hotel without question or is there a service that will allow me to pick this mail up at the post office and if so what steps do I need to take to do this, ? sorry for the rambling post but this situation has been thrust upon me without prior warning and I need to deal with it quickly, thanks in advance, Al :-)

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Re: Postal deliveries in Spain

Postby spanish_lad » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:58 am

could you not put your address as "Al, room xx, xxx hotel in torrox, malaga" ? I mean... the hotel must get post so why not? ask the front desk if its allowed?

I´ve got a post box at a local news agents, that might be an option too?
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

Manchesteral
Resident

Re: Postal deliveries in Spain

Postby Manchesteral » Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:07 pm

Thanks spanish_lad, I've been to my local post office this morning and they tell me that as long as the address is correct the post will arrive to me no problem :-)