Bank charges from Deutsche bank

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
Manchesteral
Resident

Bank charges from Deutsche bank

Postby Manchesteral » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:26 am

Hi all, I'm seeking general advice, if anyone knows the answer.
As most of you will gather from my posts I spend part of my time in UK and part of it in Gran Canaria (although Im currently in Torrox, Spain) !

when I opened my account with Deutsche in Gran Canaria in August 2017 as a non resident, they told me that if I made 4 transactions per month there would be no charges ! Today I have been reviewing my account and noticed that there have been two charges to my account (1) €30.00 for "liquidacion cuenta" and €36.00 for "certificado non residente".
I am nowhere near a branch of that bank currently and my Phone/emailing skills in Spanish are not good enough to go down this road, I understand what the messages are but not what they mean technically, anyone enlighten me as to what these charges are for, thanks in advance :-)

alpineSi
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Bank charges from Deutsche bank

Postby alpineSi » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:48 pm

The second one is definitely a bit of a rip-off, but quite legal. You are required to prove your residence status to your bank by producing a relevant certificate. If you don't, they can apply for one on your behalf - and charge you nicely for doing it!

Not this is tax/fiscal residence, so from Hacienda, nothing to do with the Policia residencia.

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:51 pm

Without knowing which type of account and reading the T&C it would be difficult to know exactly.

There is a charge from most banks to check your non residency which they are obliged to do every two years.

You could try to visit the branch in Torre Del Mar or there are several in Malaga

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:48 pm

Thank you for the replies :-)

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:59 pm

our Spanish bank charge us that fee.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:33 pm

Well. I'm heading back to Las Palmas at the end of November, I will sort the *beep* out then !!

Dominic Lopecas
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Dominic Lopecas » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:55 am

Bank Charges, All of you that complaining about bank abused Charges, SIMPLE CHANGE YOUR BANK, BBVA THAT HOLD INTERNET ACOUNT FOR FREE and you can do all direct debits, bank transfer, used of cash tills all over Spain and would cost you nothing, I have Unicaja Banco and they charge me averages 45,50€ a months (ESTAFA) so I fired them two years ago the best thing that I ever did. Dominic