amigo / resident status

This section is designed to let the Andalucia.com community know about any improvements or alterations to the forums and to post questions and comments about the forums themselves.
barry
Resident

amigo / resident status

Postby barry » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:37 pm

How is this determined as I have seen a resident with over 400 posts and an amigo with less than 80?
Talking off the line under the users name.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: amigo / resident status

Postby El Cid » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:35 pm

Yes, changes were made today.

As has been discussed on other threads, posts that do not relate to Andalucia are not strictly allowed on the normal forum sections. They are allowed in the Amigos Lounge however, but as access to this section was restricted to members who had made 250 posts, it meant that a non-Amigo member who posted an off topic post would have it moved to the Amigos Lounge and then not be able to access it.

The existing Amigos were involved in this decision and the general feeling was that access should be reduced to 25 posts.

In the process of changing this we had to revise the other categories and they are now:-

Newbie 1
Tourist 5
Amigo 25
Resident 250
Guru 2000

Please note that although the change of status to Amigo is automatic, access is not and requests for access should be sent to me or Beachcomber by PM.

I will update the "House Rules" later today.

Sid