Thank you Malaga Airport

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Campo Steve
Andalucia Guru

Thank you Malaga Airport

Postby Campo Steve » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:07 am

I recently flew up to Barcelona from Malaga for a couple of nights. On arrival at our accomodation I found that I had lost my reading spectacles. They are a few years old and need replacing but I do rather like the case. Tough, I thought. Put it down to experience and carelessness.

However, whilst dropping some friends off at the Malaga Airport on Sunday I thought I would ask in the Lost Porperty Office, just in case. Lo and behold, after several minutes staring at her computer monitor, the lady behind the desk turned her monitor towards me and there was a picture of the glasses and the case.

Only drawback was that the store where they were being kept is only open Monday to Friday in the mornings but, after a quick trip down to the airport on the bike yesterday, I am now reunited with my glasses and case. The store wasn't easy to find, it is in the building behind P3 but a very helpful security guy pointed me in the right direction.

So, thank you Malaga Airport for having an honest system that works and thank you for the person that handed them in rather than just putting them in the bin, or ignoring them, or keeping them.

So, if you lose something at the airport it is worth checking with their lost property department. They may have it!
I've got an inferiority complex, but it's not a very good one!

annfoto
Resident

Re: Thank you Malaga Airport

Postby annfoto » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:28 pm

I collected a friend from Malaga airport a couple of years ago. It was an early flight and she was tired and disorientated, heading to the car she realised that she had lost her handbag. She remembered that she went to the toilet in the baggage area, hung the bag on the door and forgot about it. She managed to talk her way back into the baggage area but the bag was gone.
She started to panic about her bank & credit card. Fortunately I had the same UK bank and was able to give her the phone number to cancel them. Next she panicked about her passport to get back next week. I reassured her that we would go to the consulate and sort something out tomorrow but that we needed to report it to the police first.
One hour later after having made the denouncia heading back to the car it suddenly occurred to me to try the lost property office. She was immediately recognized by the girl from her passport photo. She told her it had been handed in by a cleaner and that everything was there, money bank cards etc. :thumbup:
Unforunately it wasn't there was €200 in her purse but she also had about £200 in Scottish notes that were missing.
Somehow I don't think that it was the cleaner that nicked to sterling and left the euros :thumbdown:
Nevertheless she was relieved to get it back even if she had cancelled her cards!
Ann

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:58 pm

I left a gift wrapped bottle of malt whisky in departure lounge at malaga. When I asked in lost property the man laughed and said someone would have drank it :)

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:49 pm

katy wrote:I left a gift wrapped bottle of malt whisky in departure lounge at malaga. When I asked in lost property the man laughed and said someone would have drank it :)
:think: Was He slurring his words?

ajtg1952
Resident

Postby ajtg1952 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:47 pm

How did you get it "gift wrapped"?