hiring car outside GIB

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
flyeogh
Resident

hiring car outside GIB

Postby flyeogh » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:53 am

Has anyone recently organised car hire in Spain for people arriving at Gibraltar Airport?

I've got friends arriving from Liverpool/Manchester and one option is to fly to Gib (flight times better than Malaga and much nearer Cadiz), cross the border and get a hire car. Is there a company that will meet them with a car just over the border? They are just 2 people with hand luggage staying for 4/5 days so nothing complex.

Any info gratefully received. :thumbup:
El raton de watford

Martin Page
Resident

Re: hiring car outside GIB

Postby Martin Page » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:10 pm

I think its Goldcar that is literally a 100 walk from the Spanish Boarder. It is no real distance to worry about.

flyeogh
Resident

Postby flyeogh » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:09 pm

Martin many thanks for that - looks just the ticket as Goldcar have an office there. My friends have a possible flight Manchester - Gib which is not too bad on timing and saves them a night in a hotel. Well unless they fancy seeing Gib and staying for a night on arrival. That way no need to travel in darkness. Not that Gib to Cadiz is too bad at night (1 hour 17 mins). :thumbup:
El raton de watford

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:52 pm

Most companies will meet you in la Linea with a hire car. Do not hire in Gib as getting in and out is a nightmare as you know.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:29 pm

Goldcar have a horrendous rep. Hard selling of insurance etc. Have a good search before deciding

CTID Hants
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby CTID Hants » Tue May 29, 2018 1:41 pm

HI All,

Looks like we are for the very first time flying into GIB instead of AGP (A) because it'll save us over £200 (B) flight times are reasonable.

Having read the points above, other than Goldcar can anyone recommend other car hire firms in La Linea? We've religously used Malagcar since 2005 but guess they don't/won't do anything that far from AGP?

It's me the missus and our 14yr old lad, we normally get 4/5 door compact (enough to get two cases in from aiport)

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ian