Spanish Spain suggestions?

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
SlimTim
Tourist

Spanish Spain suggestions?

Postby SlimTim » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:30 pm

Good afternoon.
I am looking to do some exploring this next week from my base in Torrox. I have a car and wandered if there are any suggestions of somewhere special to visit preferably not more than 90 minutes /2 hour drive away.Done Granada,Malaga,Nerja,Torremolinos,Torre del Mar etc and was wanting to visit somewhere quintessentially Spanish and possibly off the beaten track.
Any suggestions/ideas gratefully received.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Re: Spanish Spain suggestions?

Postby Pamela1 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:56 pm

Did you do the Alpujaras? although the drive up there isn't for the faint hearted it's worth the trip...Have you done Ronda? it's really nice. Cordoba is probably just over a 2hr drive from where you are but well worth the journey.

SlimTim
Tourist

Postby SlimTim » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:24 pm

That,s really helpful thanks.Its a cheeky week without the family so think will do Ronda as I have heard so much about it.Might even be tempted to have a night in Capileira.

Flexo
Resident

Postby Flexo » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:59 pm

You should drive up to Ventas de Zaffaraya, Alhama de Granada and Patano de los Bermejales if you haven't been there, it is quite close. It is probably where your tap water comes from. The natural park in between Bermejales and Nerja is also of course interesting this time of year if you are into that.

Unicorn
Resident

Postby Unicorn » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:55 pm

What about Bolonia Claudia Baleo fantastic Roman Ruins near Tarifa? Massive site and interesting visitor centre and free to go in for EU people (so hurry!!!)! There is a lovely beach bar just by and the beach with its dunes and the almost touchable African coast a delight
Breathtaking and you could make a day of it. But for overnight the Hurricane Hotel nearby is very nice as well.

At about Cta de Cadiz 50km, but an easy road..........

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:21 am

Tarifa is well worth the visit. That would be one of my recommendations or what about a trip up the ski resort.

Unicorn
Resident

Postby Unicorn » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:11 am

Oh, and what about the train from San Roque to Ronda, up the mountain...................

maureenscot
Resident

Postby maureenscot » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:31 pm

What about Antequera and El Torcol unusual landscape nearby?

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:46 am

Ronda has being mentioned a few times, if you do happen to do i would suggest drive the route down the mountain to San Pedro, the 397 i think.
Its more interesting driving down as views of landscape and ocean in front.

I must check out that mountain train journey myself.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:06 am

The drive inland from Malaga to Ronda is stunning.I think we went via Coin, Tolox and the national park. Birds of prey and great scenery. As mentioned then drive down the mountain to the coast and back along the N340. Call into Malaga port for a beer on the way home.