Ryanair online check in procedure

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
RichardCoeurdeLion
Andalucia Guru

Ryanair online check in procedure

Postby RichardCoeurdeLion » Tue May 16, 2017 4:04 pm

I'm sorry but I'm confused by this.
Last time we flew, two years ago, I think we couldn't do the on line check in until a few days before the flight. This meant we would have had to find somewhere in spain while we were there to print of the boarding pass, for the inbound flight.I didn't want the hassle of that so I think we paid extra to reserve a particular seat and were then able to do the on line check in for both flights long before the out bound.

For our forthcoming trip the people we booked the hotel/flights/ transfer with asked if we wanted them to do the online check in for us ((at a fee) and we did that. Then a couple of weeks ago we had an email from Ryanair inviting us to do the check in ourselves. I rang the travel company and they completed the procedure and emailed us the passes

So my question is ......if am booking direct with Ryanair next time, and the flights are say a week apart, can I print both out and inbound flight passes weeks before we fly. And to do this do I have to reserve a particular seat as well

Thanks

RichardCoeurdeLion
Andalucia Guru

Re: Ryanair online check in procedure

Postby RichardCoeurdeLion » Tue May 16, 2017 4:45 pm

Answering me own question... I found a video.
If you purchase a particular seat, you can check in within 30days of flying. If you don't purchase a seat you have to wait till four days before the flight , so you can't do the return flight check in till you get there by the look of it.

maureenscot
Resident

Postby maureenscot » Tue May 16, 2017 4:52 pm

Thank you. How much to book the seats?

RichardCoeurdeLion
Andalucia Guru

Postby RichardCoeurdeLion » Tue May 16, 2017 5:14 pm

Sorry, can't remember. It wasn't much

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Tue May 16, 2017 5:18 pm

Between £6 and £20 depending where you sit. Front row is the dearest. Mid plane and back is about £6 as long as its not extra leg room

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Tue May 16, 2017 5:30 pm

The easiest way these days is to download the Ryanair App onto your phone and check in from there. Doing it this way also avoids having to print out a boading card. You just scan the phone as you pass through security.

RichardCoeurdeLion
Andalucia Guru

Postby RichardCoeurdeLion » Tue May 16, 2017 5:52 pm

Thanks

Do you have to have an iPhone?

I don't have one but I've got an iPad."" Would that suffice

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Tue May 16, 2017 5:55 pm

If you dont mind the hassle of getting out your ipad to be scanned.bit awkward for the staff but other than that.

RichardCoeurdeLion
Andalucia Guru

Postby RichardCoeurdeLion » Tue May 16, 2017 6:00 pm

Thanks

RichardCoeurdeLion
Andalucia Guru

Postby RichardCoeurdeLion » Tue May 16, 2017 6:03 pm

The website says "android device"
Is my Samsung phone one of those?

I've downloaded other apps onto it.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Tue May 16, 2017 6:34 pm

Just type Ryanair into the seach option in Google play

RichardCoeurdeLion
Andalucia Guru

Postby RichardCoeurdeLion » Tue May 16, 2017 6:54 pm

Cheers

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Tue May 16, 2017 8:36 pm

Tablets and phones surely have to produced at security, so they are already to hand with your boarding pass. The system worked fine last weekend flying Easyjet San Javier/GatportAirwick.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Tue May 16, 2017 8:45 pm

Yeah they do but you normally have you boarding pass scanned before you get to the metal detectors etc and have to start getting everything out and putting xyz into a tray.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Tue May 16, 2017 10:26 pm

A little tip if you use the app, when you bring your boarding pass up on screen do a screen shot. That way you are belts and braces in case you lose your mobile signal. Go to photos and you have your boarding pass there as back up.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Tue May 16, 2017 10:32 pm

With Apple it isn't necessary to be online to access the boarding cards I keep them in the Wallet App.

AkoAko
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby AkoAko » Wed May 17, 2017 8:27 am

We always use Ryanair app as well as other airlines to store and use boarding passes , in fact we returned yesterday from the UK with Ryanair using the downloaded boarding passes . You need to check In on your smartphone , ours are Samsung and LG , you then download them within the app which you get from either Apples own App Store or Googles Playstore you then have them in your phone to show or scan no matter if your online or not . We also do the same on our 10 inch tablets to be on the safe side and cover all eventualities . Taking a screenshot is also a good suggestion if your concerned however if your phone or device battery is low then your sunk .

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Wed May 17, 2017 8:38 am

Current rules are that all electronic devices should be charged so that they can be turned on and prove they are what they appear to be. If you don't do that you risk having them confiscated.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed May 17, 2017 10:59 am

We've just travelled (by Ryanair) to the UK and no-one has been asked to turn on their electronic equipment. The security at Stansted was so crowded, it was like being at a cattle market. Very slow going as they picked out people to go into those XRay pods. Although I didn't go into it, my OH did (and was frisked afterwards :shock: .... I wonder what it was they saw), so I had to wait for him to emerge. I think it took about 20 mins to get through in all.I dread to think what it's like on a peak day.

I did read that in Barcelona the other week people were told not to turn on their phones for security reasons, and so they couldn't use them to check in with. As we only travel with one phone it's all a bit of a hassle to get the check in up on it for both of us and so we always use the paper boarding passes.

We paid for seat (6€ each) so we could check in up to 30 days in advance. Apart from wanting to choose a window seat and to sit together, it meant we could check in for the return journey before we left as we were away for less than a week. Although we usually have wifi where we stay, we don't always and certainly on this trip my Whatsapp messages kept going astray, so not sure if that was due to a dodgy signal at our accommodation. I prefer to have checked in and got that all sorted before we leave home here.