2017 quieter on CDS ? (San Pedro / Estepona)

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
scotty
Resident

2017 quieter on CDS ? (San Pedro / Estepona)

Postby scotty » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:12 am

My son has just returned after a week in our place between San Pedro & Estepona. He said it was really quiet. No line up for car in Malagacar.com and our complex was nearly empty. This story was also confirmed by a friend here in Dublin that spent two weeks in the same area. The tourist season used to be June through end of September but that seems to have changed. Has the weak sterling / brexit had a big effect of travel this year ? My friend is cabin crew with Aer Lingus and says all the flights are booked solid to Malaga so the Irish are still going there.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Re: 2017 quieter on CDS ? (San Pedro / Estepona)

Postby elusive » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:26 am

Nerja side is rammed havnt seen it so busy so early in the season mid june onwards for the last three years we have been here

jogger
Resident

Postby jogger » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:30 pm

All the flights we've taken from Gatwick since May have all been full. We are just back from Casares Pueblo near Estepona and it was busy enough compared to May. Also even in Casares there was more tourists in the square than there had been in May.

scotty
Resident

Postby scotty » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:28 pm

jogger wrote:All the flights we've taken from Gatwick since May have all been full. We are just back from Casares Pueblo near Estepona and it was busy enough compared to May. Also even in Casares there was more tourists in the square than there had been in May.
Interesesting Jogger. Spoke to my neighbour today & now begining to wonder if it's a "local issue". My son said Marbella was busy

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:49 pm

The Costa Tropical is heaving at the moment, like it always is for 6 weeks in late July/August. To be fair they are nearly all Spanish though.

Sid

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:10 pm

AS Elusive said Nerja is rammed, so is Torrox Costa, and a very mixed bag, the normal Germans, Brits, but also lots of Scandinavians, Belgians, Dutch and French, many who have driven. Is it true that until recently Belgians did not take a driving test ? Seems like it.

Parilla
Resident

Postby Parilla » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:27 am

Been in San Pedro since 2004, and never experienced busier summers than last year's and this one. Roads busy, Portillos full with long queues, cabs busy, shops busy, and having to book tables in places you don't normally. Good for the local economy, lots of dosh sloshing around.

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:30 am

Nerja, Frigiliana busy since early June. Lots of French driving down - CDS is the farthest south most folks will go now, and the French still have the Nice attacks in their memory.

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:18 pm

just had a look at Malaga Airport traffic and site and traffic is up 15% just to end of June.
I expect July/August be busier, i am over next week and not looking forward to queues on return flight.