Long Term Airport Parking

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Parilla
Resident

Long Term Airport Parking

Postby Parilla » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:21 pm

Can anybody confirm, if you make an online booking in the Long Term car park at AGP, is a space guaranteed to be available when you arrive ?

I can't see anything on the website which points either way, but I know there is no payment made until you leave the car park on your return. My worry is that not having made any payment to secure the reservation, you could arrive to find no spaces available ( Long Stay does not have a huge capacity ) particularly at this busy time.

Parilla

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Long Term Airport Parking

Postby costakid » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:55 pm

It must be guaranteed otherwise why book in advance and secure with card? I bet you have to pay if you fail to show up.

Parilla
Resident

Postby Parilla » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:08 pm

No Costa, that's what bothers me.

You don't pay anything when you book. When you arrive at the site you get a "ticket" from the office, then when you return and pick up the car, you take your "ticket" back to the office and then pay.

Parilla

country boy
Andalucia Guru

Postby country boy » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:43 pm

We have used the car park ,P3, for years. Only once has it been full and that time they re-directed us to P1 at the same rate. Recently there has been a sign on the machine at the entrance saying only pre-booked entrance available. I really don't think you should worry. We use it about 10 times a year and always pre-book. We have full confidence in the system with good experience.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:12 pm

Parilla wrote:No Costa, that's what bothers me.

You don't pay anything when you book. When you arrive at the site you get a "ticket" from the office, then when you return and pick up the car, you take your "ticket" back to the office and then pay.

Parilla
Do you have to put your card details in?

country boy
Andalucia Guru

Postby country boy » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:19 pm

All you have to give is your registration number and number of passengers. If you were a "no show" I can't see how they might charge you, probably wouldn't.

Parilla
Resident

Postby Parilla » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:54 am

Costa, they only ask for dates and car matricula - no credit card details, no address or phone.

Country boy, that's encouraging. I had already thought if there was no room at the inn I would bite the bullet and head for P1.

Parilla