Monarch Airlines

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
ashtondav
Resident

Re: Monarch Airlines

Postby ashtondav » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:05 pm

I don't think you can claim for a flight delay and missed flight on your credit card. Insurance would be the way forward.

Credit card providers should cover flights booked with monarch.

mijasdavid
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby mijasdavid » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:05 pm

Superplonk

Presumably if you bought your flight direct from Monarch then the link provided by Enrique would guide you to the right place.
Last edited by mijasdavid on Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:14 pm

Guilty

mijasdavid
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby mijasdavid » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:40 pm

it's a fair cop Lyric. Good for you. If it wasn't for all of you, no one would be flying anywhere.

Regards

David

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:09 pm

Superplonk wrote:What's the procedure for getting a refund for a Spain-UK flight that was booked with a Spanish credit card? All the advice I've seen is for UK-based customers.
Good question do spanish banks have the same rule re credit card refunds? An eu thing?

country boy
Andalucia Guru

Postby country boy » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:25 pm

Pause for a moment and think of the poor people who've lost their jobs; I know it's been on the cards for a year or so but what a huge and frightening change to a lifestyle. A couple of Airline tickets is neither here nor there compared to their upcoming stress. My heart goes out to them, it was a nice little airline.
I hope for a happy outcome for all passengers and employees alike. Bon Chance!

concorde
Resident

Postby concorde » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:58 pm

Trying to ring my bank today in the U.K., Santander.
normally just a few minutes wait but ended up waiting over 20 mins first time and 18mins second time. Luckily freephone no.
Gave up in the end.
The reason given by automated response for the delay was for customers who'd been affected by Monarch collapse.

Luckily my query was just a routine question, which can wait, but if that is the response time for just one bank, goodness knows how many other banks/clients will have this problem.

It really is a nightmare for all concerned.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:40 am

maureenscot wrote: I lost my holiday to Macedonia yesterday. I had booked from Inverness to Luton on Easyjet. Then 3 hours later Luton to Macedonia. The next plane would have been on Wednesday.
Easyjet were over 3 hours delay at Inverness - the usual 'will be 3/4 of an hour delay' and so on. So we had to go back home and lost the holiday
if your flight landed 3 hours or later then you can claim compensation under the EU261/2004 ruling. You could claim 250€ for your late Easyjet flight which at least would be something.

My OH had a dreadful experience with Monarch and it took years with the help of the CAA to get his 400€ compensation and that put us off flying with them again. My parents-in-law's neighbour was a pilot for Monarch so I wonder what he will do now.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:36 am

Maureenscot....realy sorry that you lost your holiday,the same happened to us last year..gutted is the expression!