Looking to move to Andalucia

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Re: Looking to move to Andalucia

Postby chrissiehope » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:57 pm

Talking of rain, if you're looking at a property on a slope, try & work out where the water will run in heavy rain - it never occurred to us, that the original property had no doors on the uphill side, as we planned our reform, & then found out the hard way that water runs downhill & straight under your back door :-(
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

Suecheshireuk
Tourist

Re: Looking to move to Andalucia

Postby Suecheshireuk » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:55 am

Hi, thanks everyone for your replies. I agree about the houses being colder inside than it is outside in winter, and I must remember the tip about where the rain will run, we don't have that problem as we have a road that runs past our house that turns into a river when it rains, but unfortunately flooding other peoples further down the hill. Yes, I agree about renting first, which is what we did here before buying in a totally different area from where we thought we wanted to be. I looked at properties quite far inland, 45 mins from the coast, but as my friend that lives on the Costa Blanca pointed out, that it get's very cold in winter inland, so we will stick to a maximum of say 20 mins.
Any more hints and tips most welcome.