Flight delays from UK due to bad weather

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Flight delays from UK due to bad weather

Postby markwilding » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:11 am

Very strange, I’m reading in the press that there have been severe delays flying in and out of Heathrow. I’ve just spent the long weekend in London. Left from Heathrow yesterday morning and although we left about 45 minutes late due to having to de-ice the plane, we caught up quite a bit of it on the journey and landed around 20 minutes after the scheduled arrival time.

I wouldn’t complain about that in good weather. Was I lucky or is this a case of press sensationalism?

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Re: Flight delays from UK due to bad weather

Postby elusive » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:32 am

Spanish news showed cancellations from london amongst other uk airports flying into malaga.

maureenscot
Resident

Postby maureenscot » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:56 pm

Yep loads of people stuck in airports

knowal
Resident

Postby knowal » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:46 pm

Birmingham was pretty much closed all day Sunday as they couldn't clear the snow quickly enough. I watched a Dubai A380 flight on flight tracker trying to land and it looked as if it circled over the M42 area six or more times before flying off at a tangent to Manchester. Perhaps they were running out of fuel and the all clear didn't come quickly enough.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:14 am

I must have been lucky then. I have to be honest though, I didn’t Notice anything abnormal at Heathrow on Monday morning. It was rather busy but no more than any other busy period.

I didn’t even have to queue for a breakfast sandwich nor was there any difficulty finding a seat in the departure lounge. Staight through the gate onto the plane, a 20 minute wait then take off. :thumbup:

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:44 pm

Forget the weather, Ryanair are going on strike on the 20th. Very thoughtful of them when everyone is trying to get home for Xmas.

ValL
Resident

Postby ValL » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:34 am

Great time to say you are going on strike as more pressure to settle. Most likely strike cancelled pre the date as they are in talks.

Alcala Barry
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Alcala Barry » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:52 pm

I'm off back to the UK for Christmas booked with Ryanair. So pleased to to have just read that Ryanair will now accept and recognise unions. One of the threatened strikes has already been postponed/cancelled, which seems good news.