malaga airport bus

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
wollie
Resident

malaga airport bus

Postby wollie » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:40 am

I know that there is a bus from Malaga Airport to Malaga, i think i may have being on it once years ago but forget the routine and recently if i needed public transport around Malaga i have used the train.
My question the final destination of this bus Mario Zambrano? i think it may be but it be great if someone here can confirm this to be correct or not.
If my friend traveling from end to end on this journey will likely be much easier and will probably do.
The reason i ask is my friend arrives Malaga 7 hours before me, it be great if she can take an easy option journey and visit say Larios centre for couple of hours as i am carrying the luggage so no problem there, the idea of spending 7 hours at Malaga Airport does not bear thinking of.

Many thanks...

quebin
Resident

Re: malaga airport bus

Postby quebin » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:19 pm

Cercanias to Estacion Maria Zambrano is better than the bus,it's more direct & cheaper.

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:06 pm

quebin,

Thanks for that, i am aware of the option you mention and it is easier but this lady wants to stay at the airport for several hours which is not in my opinion the best option.
Since i posted earlier i am now thinking of sending her in the Plaza Major direction as its two stops i think? could waste some time here, i also think Ikea not too far from the train stop and a good place to waste a couple of hours for a woman.
If i cannot come up with a really simple idea she will spend all the time at Airport...

Andalucia.com Editor
Tourist

Postby Andalucia.com Editor » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:24 pm

Here is info on the trains
http://www.andalucia.com/travel/airport ... tation.htm
Malaga Centro Alameda is the stop to go for and the last on the line.

Here is info in the Airport bus
http://www.andalucia.com/travel/bus/airport.htm

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:41 pm

Alameda principle is the last stop right in the centre of Malaga. Bottom of Calla Larios

gus
Resident

Postby gus » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:00 pm

A little bit away from Calle Larios, I think :(

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:54 pm

I have taken the bus from Malaga airport many times over the years and i have got off in Malaga central bus station...If she wished to take the bus then she should walk straight ahead for about 100mtrs after leaving the arrivals hall, she wont be able to miss the bus rank..After arriving in the central bus station she should leave through the main entrance turning right then take the first right, she will see the Larios shopping mall entrance down the street..Its pretty straight forward and it only takes a few mins..

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:02 pm

gus wrote:A little bit away from Calle Larios, I think :(
No. The final stop is Alameda Principal which is 50 metres from the bottom of Calle Larios. Zambrano is not the end of the stop. Do your home work amigo

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:54 am

I think your distance is more than a bit off, Costakid. Calle Larios finishes at the Plaza de la Constitucion and you then have to turn to the left to get across to the Alameda Principal. It's a good bit further than 50m. More like 300m, I'd say.

fincalospinos
Resident

Postby fincalospinos » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:29 am

Alameda Principal ( Sur) is, as Costakid quiet rightly pointed out, at the bottom of Calle Larios.

Free at Last - Plaza de Consitucion is at the top end of C/ Larios.

This might be useful; https://www.google.es/maps/@36.7162355,-4.4193273,15.5z
Hardworking resident !!

gus
Resident

Postby gus » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:33 am

Finca,
The final train stop is of course Alameda Central - which contributes to the longer walk!

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:42 am

fincalospinos wrote:Alameda Principal ( Sur) is, as Costakid quiet rightly pointed out, at the bottom of Calle Larios.

Free at Last - Plaza de Consitucion is at the top end of C/ Larios.

This might be useful; https://www.google.es/maps/@36.7162355,-4.4193273,15.5z
Depends where you're starting from as to whether you call it the bottom or top of Calle Larios. If you take the Puerta de la Marina end as the bottom, you then have to walk the full length of the Alameda Principal to reach the train station, which is a great deal further than the 50m Costakid suggested.

Paulinmalaga
Resident

Postby Paulinmalaga » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:20 pm

Pretty much what Costakid states in my experience
I So Bella tis you

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:03 pm

gus wrote:Finca,
The final train stop is of course Alameda Central - which contributes to the longer walk!
THE OP IS ASKING ABOUT BUSES NOT TRAINS.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:06 pm

If you want a bus to the airport from Malaga centro not Maria Zambrano the bus starts at Alameda Principal and call at various places and finishes at the airport. Calle Larios is a 50 metre walk to that bus stop.

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:34 pm

Just to clarify, i was asking for a direct bus from Malaga Airport to Malaga Bus Station.
I think i may have mentioned Larios but i was referring to the shop centre close to station for to pass a few hours.
Mario Zambrano maybe just train, i thought both same name..

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:14 am

wollie wrote:Just to clarify, i was asking for a direct bus from Malaga Airport to Malaga Bus Station.
I think i may have mentioned Larios but i was referring to the shop centre close to station for to pass a few hours.
Mario Zambrano maybe just train, i thought both same name..
The buses and the train from Malaga to Fuengirola and also all other trains stop at Maria Zambrano station/shopping centre. The Larios iCentre s a little walk away.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:35 am

Hi Wollie, please read my post, i have explained how to get to Malaga central bus station from the airport..

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:38 am

The bus station is right next door to Maria Zambrano station so it's much the same whether travelling by bus or train. There is a shopping centre actually in the station called Vialia so she wouldn't have to walk far although she could walk to the Larios Shopping centre which is just up the road. If it was bad weather she may not feel like traipsing about outside much.

The other suggestion of taking the train to the Plaza Mayor centre is easily do-able too ... as you say, better than hanging around at the airport all day long.

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:55 pm

Thanks for all advise, even though i have being there several times i never realized Malaga central bus was the one next to Mario Zambrano.
When someone earlier mentioned "central" it confused me as i thought there may be a stop closer to Malaga centro.
I will pass on all the helpful info and when we end up having a row i will blame you guys...

regards...