San Juan Bajo Parking/Tram for Sevilla

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Gasman
Resident

San Juan Bajo Parking/Tram for Sevilla

Postby Gasman » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:48 am

I wonder if anyone has used the parking at San Juan (Bajo, not arriba) provided for travel into Sevilla on the tram? I have been looking on the web but most recent I can find is from several years back. Then it was apparently free !! :shock: :crazy: I am finding that a bit hard to believe, so would like confirmation before we turn up in a group with two cars in Semana Santa to view the goings on ... is it really free? :thumbup:
Incidentally would anyone advise which day might be better for tourist viewing of parades etc - Good Friday, or Holy Saturday? and which spot ... I have heard it said that the Triana bridge is a good spot but does that depend on which groups (Hermanidads) are parading that day?
A proper touristy visit would follow during the next week after Easter, so we might use the same system to get into Sevilla rather than parking in town.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Re: San Juan Bajo Parking/Tram for Sevilla

Postby elusive » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:05 am

Have you looked at the free parking next to blas infante metro station. It a huge scrubland area a couple of stops from puerta jerez. The land is used for the april fair but i guess it should be ok for easter? We have parked there in the past and left the car there for several days with no issues as theres 100's of cars parked there

Gasman
Resident

Postby Gasman » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:59 am

Its just that coming from the Huelva direction, San Juan Bajo is on the right side of the rivers for us ... but yours is a good suggestion ... will bear in mind. Thanks.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:07 pm

Ah ok. No problem