BA fiasco

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
katy
Andalucia Guru

BA fiasco

Postby katy » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:26 pm

Seems the data hack may cost BA millions, shares dropped too. Must be really inconvenient for those on holiday and need new cards if they only have one. I just missed the hack, I think :think: Booked flights on the 6th and haven't had the dreaded email.

Today I went online to pay a large sum to Virgin. (different card) When it got to the end and clicked pay, the usual is a verification spins round and in seconds says payment confirmed....it didn't, was given a phone no to call. There was some garbled recorded message re. people affected by BA. Man came on with questions so I said well first how do I know you are the card co. , Strange questions, No DOB but how old am I. Where did I first set up the account? I told him it was either Kingston on Thames or baslow as I was around 5 years old| Anyway he said to go back to Virgin as it will be authorised, all details had gone so had to enter again but it went through. Getting a bit nervous of all these scams. Then went into my account to make sure I hadn't paid twice.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Re: BA fiasco

Postby Pamela1 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:43 pm

Yes i think most people are nervous, friend of ours had all of his data hacked, turned into a nightmare night for him. One txt message after another from different numbers telling him his takeaway meal was ready to be collected, that alerted him to find out what was going on, he spent half the night having to contact his card providers etc.
I guess this digital age has as many cons as pros and many people are taken in with fake emails from banks and all types of hacks. The elderly cant keep up with it all, my parents have enough problems just trying to remember pin numbers!