Malaga Hotels near Bus & Train Station

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
pensure1988
Resident

Malaga Hotels near Bus & Train Station

Postby pensure1988 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:11 pm

Hi

A friend of mine is flying in at Midnight in April 2019 fromTeneriffe to Malaga Airport . Are the Buses or Trains running into Malaga at that time of night. Maybe a Taxi would be better. Any Suggestions as to what Hotel she should book near the Bus or Train Station in Malaga City.Would there be a night porter to let her in at that time of night as well.

Thanking you in Advance for any assistance in the above matters by the Tourism Experts

David

1bassleft
Resident

Re: Malaga Hotels near Bus & Train Station

Postby 1bassleft » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:23 am

The aeropuerto-Malaga Centro line C1 runs at 00:24, 00:29 and 00:54, going to Maria Zambrano and Centro Alameda stations, then the music stops until 06:44. If that's a risk (delay, suitcase etc) the EMT Line A Express bus is every 20-25 mins, 24hrs a day. Apart from the bus station, it does this (according to the website)

This line links the airport with Malaga city centre for 3€ and the journey takes approximately 15 minutes.
Itinerary: This route includes a stop at bus station in Malaga, Maria Zambrano train station, Avda. Andalucia and the last stop is at the end of Paseo del Parque.
Journey time: 15 minutes
Ticket price: 3€

The train would, I imagine be €1.80 as only one zone is crossed (my El Pinillo stop squeaks into the same price, just). I'm too close to Malaga to have ever needed a hotel (PM Devils Advocate - I know for a fact he's often stayed there), but I do know that Ibis and Ibis Budget will have no problems taking people in after midnight and I've used Ibis and their Budget version throughout Spain and France. They do fine, esp for the price. Both look to be a manageable walk from Centro Alameda and (depending on the stop - it's a long street) Avenida Andalucia. The Budget is closer, but the standard Ibis, for the extra tenner, is a bit less basic. Either (IME) is a reasonable night, though, and we take the Budget where (frequently, in most cities) it offers a handy saving.

country boy
Andalucia Guru

Postby country boy » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:37 am

There is an Hotel built into the Main Malaga Rail Station..Maria Zambrano. I know nothing about it but it is convenient at that time of night.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:45 am

The train to Malaga is 1.80 and bus slightly more. Taxi 15 euros so public trans better. Lots of hotels near Zambrano and one almost outside Malaga centro. As you exit train walk to front of train and then through the barrier and then through the tunnel and up the escalator (not up stairs to left). At top of escalator turn right and 50 metres is a hotel on your left.

CielodeCadiz
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby CielodeCadiz » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:57 pm

I've stayed at the Hotel Goartin, an economical choice, which is maybe 1/2 km from the station.

A more expensive place is Hotel Eurostars Astoria which is closer to the station on the other side of the Guadalmedina.