Train discount card

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
costakid
Andalucia Guru

Train discount card

Postby costakid » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:57 am

I use the train from Malaga a lot. The last time my 1.80 fair was 2.30 but with a discount of 50 cents if you used a touch card. I tried using my green bus card which is normally ok but it rejected it. The fare was 2.30 as i paid cash.
I was walking along Alameda Principal a few days later and there was a massive queue outside a new shop (EMT). Is this where you register for a new train card which i guess will be pre pay like my bus card? It must be a new system as the week before it was not operational and the fare was 1.80.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Train discount card

Postby costakid » Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:02 pm

Cant believe no one has an answer. Am I the only one who uses the trains?

Benal Pirate
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Benal Pirate » Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:41 pm

Hi Costa

There's a new system in place. The ticket if you kept it is re-usable so the next time it will be 1.80 again. apparently we can't use the green bus card to pay anymore. You can buy a personalised reusable train card with photo for about 2.50 from the kiosk (id required)

If you still have your ticket you say YES to the question on the screen when starting to pay for your next trip and hold the ticket up against the screen/scanner.

They have made a right pig's ear of it imo. And they're going to make a huge profit on those extra 50 cents. And to me this makes the bus more attractive as big queues at the ticket machines at train stations.

maureenscot
Resident

Postby maureenscot » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:46 pm

I have used trains fro Malaga to Seville a few times. I went to the customer services office and as I am a pensionser I received a Tarqueta Dorada, a discount card which lasts a year. There are restrictions

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:52 pm

I have the tarjeta dorada too as over 60.