Centauro Car Hire?

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
frank
Andalucia Guru

Centauro Car Hire?

Postby frank » Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:06 am

Just booked with Carjet for next week (Málaga), and in the past have always had Crown or Europa, but I see they have put me with Centauro this time. Anyone any feedback on this company, are they good? I've got time To change it, but if they are Ok, I'll stick with them.
Thanks
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

accommodation-in-spain
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby accommodation-in-spain » Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:04 pm

Hi Frank

We were passed to this company last time by Carjet. Their cars are very good and we got a free up-grade, the staff were also helpful. This was from Jerez airport.

The only thing I would mention (which my parents warned us about) was that they say if you come back with a full tank of petrol they will refund you the 30 Euros they charge you for the petrol at the beginning. I suggest you do not fill the car back up before returning it as my parents and a couple of other people I know did not get refunded the petrol after re-filling it for them :cry:

Apart from that they were really great and we took the car back nearly empty of petrol :lol: so got our moneys worth of fuel.

Hasta luego

Annabell
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Annabell » Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:33 pm

We'll be coming shortly for a house hunting trip and have a bit of a problem. We need to hire a car, but we don't own a credit card. Here in France you can leave a Euro cheque as a deposit. Does anybody know if it is the same in Spain?

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:50 pm

frank bien venido..hope you enjoy your stay.
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:53 pm

accommodation-in-spain wrote:Hi Frank

We were passed to this company last time by Carjet. Their cars are very good and we got a free up-grade, the staff were also helpful. This was from Jerez airport.

The only thing I would mention (which my parents warned us about) was that they say if you come back with a full tank of petrol they will refund you the 30 Euros they charge you for the petrol at the beginning. I suggest you do not fill the car back up before returning it as my parents and a couple of other people I know did not get refunded the petrol after re-filling it for them :cry:

Apart from that they were really great and we took the car back nearly empty of petrol :lol: so got our moneys worth of fuel.

Hasta luego
Thanks Zoe. I much prefer to take the car back full, that's what I always use to do, but not many seem to operate that policy now. Obviously, it's a win win situation for them, as most take the car back with some fuel left in the tank. Rather than limp back on the motorway with an almost empty tank, I much preferred to have a good level and fill up at the airport before handing it back. However, if you don't get the refund back from Centauro, I won't do it!
Regards, Frank

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:55 pm

silver wrote:frank bien venido..hope you enjoy your stay.
Pues ¡muchísimas gracias por la bienvenida, señor! :D
Regards, Frank

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:15 pm

El gusto es mio..franc
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.

jan400
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jan400 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:24 pm

Annabell wrote:We'll be coming shortly for a house hunting trip and have a bit of a problem. We need to hire a car, but we don't own a credit card. Here in France you can leave a Euro cheque as a deposit. Does anybody know if it is the same in Spain?
Not sure, but my parents paid for their fuel in cash and were still asked for a credit card imprint. they weren't offered any alternative.

Elaine
Tourist

Postby Elaine » Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:24 pm

Hi Frank,
We always use Carjet or All inclusive (same company). When ever we have booked a car and the booking comes back with another company which has happened a few times, we have e-mailed Carjet and asked if Crown still do full to full fuel policy and if so can they change the booking, which they have done no problem. When we have arrive in Malaga, Crown seem to know that we have booked the car on a full to full basis.
My advice e-mail Carjet and tell them your requirement's
Regards
Elaine

chicdiz
Andalucia.com Amigo

Centaur car hire

Postby chicdiz » Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:04 pm

We used carjet/Centaur last month for relatives arriving at Jerez. Paid by credit card, returned car full and the refund was credited a week later direct to the credit card company. No probs.

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:08 pm

Elaine wrote:Hi Frank,
We always use Carjet or All inclusive (same company). When ever we have booked a car and the booking comes back with another company which has happened a few times, we have e-mailed Carjet and asked if Crown still do full to full fuel policy and if so can they change the booking, which they have done no problem. When we have arrive in Malaga, Crown seem to know that we have booked the car on a full to full basis.
My advice e-mail Carjet and tell them your requirement's
Regards
Elaine

Elaine, I have done similar in the past, but the other way around! I asked NOT to be put with Crown, after experiencing several waits of over 45 mins to collect a car. They always seem to have the longest queues. I have used Europa many times since, through Carjet, and been very happy with them. I have e-mailed Carjet for an assurance that Centauro are ok, but have not heard anything yet. Now, when we arrive, I always leave the wife to keep an eye on the luggage, and I shoot straight downstairs to the car hire desk, and invariably there is nobody there. They have all my passport and driving licence details on file(you can do it online before you go) so I'm usually back up with the paperwork before the bags come out
Regards, Frank

MaggieMay
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby MaggieMay » Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:28 pm

I have booked cars for numerous people through carjet using Centauro. Much preferable to Crown for same reasons as you don't use Crown. Usually no queue, the staff are fast and effiecient, and no problems with fuel refund. Everyone has always had an upgrade (apart from long hires).
This is all from Malaga by the way.
I wear it well...........

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:33 pm

MaggieMay wrote: Everyone has always had an upgrade (apart from long hires).
Drat!:D I hesitated between a small Peugot, or similar, but opted for a Focus in the end. You mean I might have got a free upgrade to a Focus? :D
Regards, Frank

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:41 pm

After all that, just received an e-mail to say they have swapped me to Europa. I didn't asked to be swapped, just asked were Centauro ok. I've always been happy with Europa though, so that'll be fine. :D
Regards, Frank

MaggieMay
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby MaggieMay » Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:01 pm

Well now that you mention it, yes two seperate visitors were upgraded from Punto to Focus, pretty good eh? I'm sure that must be more than one jump in upgrade.
You've ended up with the carhire firm you wanted, but in future if they give you Centauro don't be too concerned.
Then again that could change, Crown were very good to start with :?

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:35 pm

MaggieMay wrote: Then again that could change, Crown were very good to start with :?
Thanks. Yes you're right, I think they became a victim of their own success, they always used to be fine. Judging by the queues that were still there in May, when we were out last, they still seem to be doing ok. :D
Regards, Frank

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:52 pm

Also just received this from Carjet. Seems by their own admission both Europa and Crown are suffering queues! So why did they change me? :D
I'll stick with Europa now and see how it goes, if there are queues, I'll change supplier next time.
Lately the queues are with Europa too (not just Crown), but if you prefer we can place this with Europa.
Centauro is a very old colaborator of Carjet and yes they are reliable.
Regards, Frank

MaggieMay
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby MaggieMay » Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:45 pm

Don't know, did you not request that they changed you to Europa?
Don't want to dampen your spirit but certainly anyone coming to see me iduring summer had long queues at Crown and Europa. But obviously it was high season. The worst being 2hrs from queuing to getting in the car!! Flight was only 2hrs 20.
I was starting to think that Crown must be paying carjet the biggest commision and maybe Europa have jumped on the bandwagon. Certainly they only seem to use Centauro when perhaps the others are highly booked. With the amount of people now using Carjet plan B may need looking into. I have used HelleHollis for people and they were excellent, they will also match whatever quote you get from carjet.
Be interested to hear how your queue was now the summer holidays are over.

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:51 pm

MaggieMay wrote: Be interested to hear how your queue was now the summer holidays are over.
Thanks, I'll keep you informed! We used to use Helle Hollis some time ago, but I think they also seemed to be a victim of their own success. I prefer the cars to be on airport, and unlesss they have changed, you had to take a minibus to Helle Hollis (couple hundred yards!) Last time I used them, unknown to me, you had to take a ticket, supermarket delicatessan style, and then queue, but we queued without the ticket! It took an age to get a car. We will be there on Wednesday, so it should be fairly quiet, we try and avoid weekends! Last time, May, I used Europa, there were only two in front of me and three desks operating so it was fine.
Regards, Frank

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:53 pm

[quote="MaggieMay"The worst being 2hrs from queuing to getting in the car!! Flight was only 2hrs 20.
[/quote]

Just spoke to my sister, she has just flown back from Nice, took them 4 hours to get the hire car and get on the road! :cry:
Regards, Frank