Booking bus tickets

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Rossini

Booking bus tickets

Postby Rossini » Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:41 pm

How can I book a coach ticket from Granada to Malaga?

Rossini

Nige
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Nige » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:06 am

I have used www.movelia.es and you can reserve seats and pay by CC in advance if you want. But the tickets will need collecting from the normal ticket place before departing. Just show your printed off confirmation and you will receive the booked tickets.

brenda
Resident

Postby brenda » Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:56 am

The Alsina Graells Bus Company run a normal service bus 2 or 3 times a day from Granada to Malaga. However, goes the long way round via Almunecar and Nerja.

bunty
Resident

Postby bunty » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:24 pm

There is almost an hourly bus service from Alsina Graells from Granada to Malaga starting at 7 am and the last one at 7pm except for weekends.
Most buses are non stop and they all go direct to Malaga on the motorway and take aprox . 1 hour and 40 mins.

yossisoco

Postby yossisoco » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:52 pm

I tried the movelia site, but found that the dates that I was interested in from Seville to La Linea (Gibraltar) are too far in the future - 2 weeks. I was able to get the times, though.
I also need times/prices for La Linea to Granada on November 27, but the site does not handle Granada. Any other ideas?

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:37 am

No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.

Nige
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Nige » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:33 pm

I am sure that there are a number of options for getting from La Linea to Granada by bus. Maybe the one via Malaga bus station is favourite ?
But one option that is interesting is to try the train ! It's possible to get the Algeciras to Granada train at San Rocque station which is not too far from La Linea. Maybe a modest taxi fare ? There are 3 trains a day but the journey time is over 4 hours. Goes through the hills via Ronda then down to the other side through Antequera.
All the times are on www.renfe.es
also read this history;
http://www.andalucia.com/accounts/ronda.htm