car hire - malaga airport

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
patrician

car hire - malaga airport

Postby patrician » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:38 am

Returning to Nerja 24/11-04/12 and need to arrange car hire from airport and return - also to enable exploration during stay. Recall reading previous comments re. 'get full tank-return full' but can't remember where. Would be grateful for advice.

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:20 am

I use brunoscar not the cheapest or the most expensive but I have always had good service.

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:28 am

I find carjet cheapest. Beware of crown though, they take ages! They will give you another company if you ask. Avoid Record Gold - they charged me €72 for a tank of petrol before setting off - made it more expensive than Hertz

brenda
Resident

Postby brenda » Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:03 pm

We always used Autos Fiestas based in Nerja (Avenida Pescia) but, obviously, with Airport collection and drop off. The owner, Diego, was always waiting for us at the airport bang on time, his prices are competitive and service excellent. Also have the comfort of knowing that, should you have an unexpected problem with the car, his garage is on your doorstep in Nerja not miles away at the Airport.

sunnyside
Tourist

Postby sunnyside » Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:54 pm

We use Malagacarhire. Always found them very good.
You pay for 1/2 tank of petrol/diesel when you pick the car up they return empty. They pick you up at arrivals and take you to their depot 2 minutes away at the first big roundabout just out of the airport. You then return the car there and they give you a lift direct to departures.

kexon
Resident

Postby kexon » Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:34 pm

We have always used helle hollis,at malaga airport,very swift and efficient service :D

JAWG
Resident

Car Hire

Postby JAWG » Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:34 pm

I have used Dragon Cars several times. Good all-inclusive rates. Pay for tank of fuel on arrival, return it empty. Pick-up and drop off at Malaga Airport. Understand they also deliver car to Spain/Gibraltar border.
John G
Ottawa, ON, Canada

donna bagnall
Andalucia.com Amigo

car hire malaga airport

Postby donna bagnall » Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:10 pm

We always go through doyouspain and have found them to be cheap for cars and 4x4's

paulellis
Andalucia.com Amigo

car hire

Postby paulellis » Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:01 pm

We use a woman called Majorie who is based in Nerja. She waits for you outside arrivals, and either her son or herself wait for you to personally return vehicle. Never had anything other than excellent service. PM me if you want contact details

Regards

Paul

jaycock

Euoropcar beware

Postby jaycock » Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:11 pm

We prebooked a car via the Easyjet website when booking our flights, it was with Europcar. No probs on picking up a new car at airport, but on returning it in the evening the desk was closed, so had to leave keys in a box. No-one to check car over. Got credit card invoice 3 weeks later and they had charged me £236 for damage they say they found on the car. There was no damage at all. Took us 3 months to get a refund, and rate of exchange/tax issues meant it cost us an extra £50. Beware when taking cars back that it is checked over and you have signed document to say there was no damage. Many car hire desks at airport close in the evening.
jaycock

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:59 pm

I always use Europa. They may or may not be the cheapest but I always go "What? How much? That's so expensive" regardless of what they quote me. They always come back with a "Best price" which is considerably lower. They do have the irritating "buy full tank - return empty" thing but I've finally judged that down to the last drop. I did lose both wing mirrors first time I used them and ... they didn't bat an eyelid. I've also had the odd bumper bash, bit of a scratch and extreme dust/dirt/mud experience. Never had any extra charges at all.

(Site is soooooooooooooo much nicer these days. Decided to post again after absence of months and months. Not that I contribute much but ...)