Bus times from Algeciras to medina sidonia

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
amanites
Tourist

Bus times from Algeciras to medina sidonia

Postby amanites » Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:58 pm

Can somebody please let me have the timetable of public transport from Algeciras to Medina Sidonia,thanks.

Nige
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Nige » Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:24 pm

Cannot be sure, but I would imagine that there is no direct bus. Probably the best way would be to get to Chiclana and change. The Cadiz bus company TRANSPORTES GENERALES COMES is serving this area and you would need to look through the timetables : www.tgcomes.es

amanites
Tourist

Postby amanites » Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:37 am

[quote="Nige"]Cannot be sure, but I would imagine that there is no direct bus. Probably the best way would be to get to Chiclana and change. The Cadiz bus company TRANSPORTES GENERALES COMES is serving this area and you would need to look through the timetables : www.tgcomes.es[/quote]

thanks for the reply,I tried the website but nothing seems available between Algeciras and Chiclana or Medina Sidonia.

Nige
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Nige » Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:00 am

You need to be a detective to discover the times!
The Algeciras to Cadiz route will normally stop at Chiclana unless it's a direct service. So look at those schedules? Then for Chiclana to Medina look at those schedules. Nothing is that easy with timetables.
There are a number of buses listed that originate in Cadiz and call at Chiclana on the way to Medina and eventually Paterna.
If you need any help with knowing where these places are just look up on a map like www.viamichelin.com
The road between Chiclana and Medina is currently being renewed. It is currently a fairly winding and narrow one but will be much improved in a few months.

amanites
Tourist

Postby amanites » Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:11 pm

thanks once again,I tried every option as you suggested but the web site doesnt seem to be working.

Nige
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Nige » Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:26 pm

OK. Did you (a) switch to English by clicking on the flag, (b) click on Routes and Schedules which is 3rd title down on the top left (c) click on 'see all services' which opens lists of routes (d) click on any possible route for example 'Cadiz, Algeciras, La Linea' or 'Cadiz-Algeciras-Malaga' which opens a schedule (e) examine the timings and note down specific Algeciras-Chiclana then ones for Chiclana-Medina. It works on my PC for both Internet Explorer and Firefox.

Nige
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Nige » Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:56 pm

Another possibility for this route is using LINESUR. The bus company "Transportes Linesur S.L." has the concession for the route from Sevilla to Algeciras via Jerez. This route follows the A381 dual carriageway road that runs up from the coast at Los Barrios near to Gibraltar. This would be the way to travel if going by car. The LINESUR bus timetable is shown at http://www.linesur.com/linesur/Horarios.html and it says that there are 2 buses that actually stop at 'Cruces Medina' which I assume to be at the turn off for Medina but not actually at the top of the hill. (A longish walk!)
But the times are hideous so probably not really useful. In Algeciras, the Linesur bus stops in the main port road opposite the ferry terminal area and they have a shop selling tickets whereas the COMES bus stops up near the railway station I believe.