Christmas break

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Paivi

Christmas break

Postby Paivi » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:13 pm

My parents will be in the Costa del Sol over the winter and I'm hoping to go and see them there during the Christmas break.

I've never been to Spain, so don't really know what there is to see in such a short time. I definitely want to visit Alhambra, but what else is there in this area?

I'm hoping to use either Easyjet or Ryanair, probably flying to Granada and flying back either from Malaga or Seville.

Are all three cities (+ Alhambra) doable in the four days, or should I just fly to Granada and then from there drive to either Malaga or Seville, and just see two cities?

Are museums and palaces likely to be closed at the Christmas period, bearing in mind I'd arrive late on the 23rd and leave late on the 27th?

Many thanks!

keddyboy
Resident

Postby keddyboy » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:18 am

If you want to visit Alhambra in Granada make sure you pre book with a travel agent etc as you cannot just turn up, no pre book, no look!!!!
Keddyboy
Never do today what you can leave until tomorrow.

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:46 am

keddyboy wrote:If you want to visit Alhambra in Granada make sure you pre book with a travel agent etc as you cannot just turn up, no pre book, no look!!!!
You can book online from the UK, without any problem. I've done it four times, works well.
http://www.alhambradegranada.org/guias/ ... tradas.asp
Just scroll down to "Comprar Ahora" and follow the prompts.
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

Postby Guest » Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:51 pm

Hi Paivi, nothing to do with your holiday, I was just curious as to the origin of your name, is it Hungarian??

Paivi

Postby Paivi » Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:51 pm

Finnish actually, so close but no cigar!

Have checked the Eyewitness guide to Spain, and was thinking of flying to Granada on the 23rd, spend two days there, drive to Cordoba on Monday to visit the Mezquita and then on to Seville to visit the Alcazar on Tuesday before flying back to London from there. On the map in the book, the distances are about 100-150km, so should be doable, unless it's actually doubled as it's mountaineous terrain.

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:24 pm

Ahh, Finnish, sorry I thought you were British!