new programme about spain coming on TV!

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
princess peach
Andalucia Guru

new programme about spain coming on TV!

Postby princess peach » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:40 pm

Wednesday 17th June 2009
Spain: Paradise Lost (documentary) - 9.00pm to 10.00pm
The first of two documentaries charting the fortunes of some of the over one million Britons who have settled in Spain, and those who are planning on joining them. With the recent economic turmoil having brought property prices crashing down, this programme looks at those who stand to benefit, and those who are now living a nightmare.

Should prove interesting. :D

Colinm
Resident

Re: new programme about spain coming on TV!

Postby Colinm » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:29 pm

what channel is it on, sweetness?
ádh mór ort agus sláinte.....
(Good luck and good health)!

Jool
Andalucia Guru

Postby Jool » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:50 pm

I think its another ITV1 hatchet job, sponsored by Gordy to keep those with pensions they pay tax on in the UK...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

princess peach
Andalucia Guru

Postby princess peach » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:04 pm

what channel is it on, sweetness
:lol: itv1 Grandad.xxx :wink:

janda_grant2
Resident

Postby janda_grant2 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:45 pm

No doubt it will be yet another rehash of how people have left their brains on the plane (if in fact they managed to get on the plane with them in the first place) and chart their misery and despair! No one seems to care that there are people who live over here who haven't bought, built or otherwise inhabited illegal properties, with no means of income - apart from illegally claiming benefits, who can't or won't learn spanish, have no health care etc etc etc , who actually enjoy life, and can cope with whatever Spain and the economy throw at them! Age old adage, bad news sells newspapers! :roll:
I can spell but I can't type

frog
Resident

Postby frog » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:35 am

no good same time as the england game
jayne countys most famous song,google it

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:54 am

janda_grant2 wrote:No doubt it will be yet another rehash of how people have left their brains on the plane (if in fact they managed to get on the plane with them in the first place) and chart their misery and despair!
I know these type of programmes are always slagged off here on ADC, but I'm willing to bet a lot will be watching them. If you tune into these types of programmes, you should know what you are going to get, so simply don't watch them. They aren't interested in boring couples where everything went like clockwork, and are living the dream, they want the stories where things go wrong. :lol: And let's be honest, it has gone horribly wrong for many thousands of Brit families. If the programme makes people aware of the pitfalls, makes them do their homework before buying, and if it saves just one couple from buying an illegal property, then I think it's worth doing. Bear in mind, this is made for UK audiences, for people thinking about moving to Spain, not seasoned immigrants that have lived in Spain for years. Brits in Spain seem to go to huge lengths to get UK TV, festooning their properties with huge ugly, dishes etc, then as is the British way, moan about the content. :lol: I often watch Spanish TV here via the internet, and most of that is bl00dy rubbish! :lol:
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:01 am

They are only redressing the balance after all those unrealistic Living in the Sun programmes :lol:

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:14 am

katy wrote:They are only redressing the balance after all those unrealistic Living in the Sun programmes :lol:
And that came in for a slagging too! It's not confined to UK TV, the Spanish are doing exactly the same, making programmes about Spanish scattered around the globe.
Me llamo Ana Calderón, trabajo para el programa de televisión “Andaluces por el Mundo” de Canal Sur Televisión, la televisión pública de Andalucía. Necesito localizar andaluces en La Habana para participar en el programa. Quien esté interesado o pueda facilitarme algún contacto puede escribirme
Regards, Frank

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:34 am

There are blogs in Diariosur from Spanish living all over the world. Sometimes read them on a rainy day or stuck in an airport :D

Colinm
Resident

Postby Colinm » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:29 am

Missus and I have a new game for Friday and Saturday nights.........

look away children, this may embarrass you :oops:

We watch the reruns of Place in the Sun on whatever channel and try to guess the month and year that it was made, based on the prices mentioned and the quotes like ' propery values around here have risen by 30% in the last 18 months!!!!

Its great fun. Whoever is closest to the correct date is allowed to pick the next bottle of wine to be opened :P
ádh mór ort agus sláinte.....
(Good luck and good health)!

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:37 pm

I remember some weekly statements.

I have been speaking to the Mayor and he says it will be no problem to move/build/extend." jaja

"Properties like this will rent for 500 in summer and 400 in winter" :lol:

pete_l
Resident

Postby pete_l » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:46 pm

katy wrote:They are only redressing the balance after all those unrealistic Living in the Sun programmes :lol:
I reckon it'll be a bit of a gloat, wrapped up as a "serious docu ...". what am I saying, it's ITV. It'll be 100% gloat.

K chameleon
Resident

Postby K chameleon » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:08 am

Anyone else feel like writing a 'Happy in Spain' story?

Why do they always want bad news stories?

Is it to make ' the proles' feel content with their lot?

"Shoot for the Moon, even if you fail you'll land amongst the Stars"

frog
Resident

Postby frog » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:58 am

sorry,did you miss my comment about the footy you noobs

who cares about a show showing expats failing,you see it every day here,LAUGH AT THEM AS YOU WAVE THEM GOODBYE(TY VERA)

WATCH THE FOOTY,7 out of 7,

6-0
jayne countys most famous song,google it

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:52 am

Why do they always want bad news stories..some people only want to watch and talk about misery...nearly all of the links on this forum to newspaper reports are about negative news.....seems some people only actually see the bad news articles, maybe there eyes don´t even register the good stories and just skip over them as if they aren´t even there :(

pigs-might-fly
Andalucia Guru

Postby pigs-might-fly » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:14 am

frog wrote:sorry,did you miss my comment about the footy you noobs

who cares about a show showing expats failing,you see it every day here,LAUGH AT THEM AS YOU WAVE THEM GOODBYE(TY VERA)

WATCH THE FOOTY,7 out of 7,

6-0
"Footy" is a load of rubbish, whoever is playing!

janda_grant2
Resident

Postby janda_grant2 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:38 am

We will be watching the footy - or OH will, complaining all the time about how rubbish the game is, but still glued to the set. Me, I read a book. Two questions - 1, why do footy matches (or any other sport come to that)always have to have a programme that starts at least ah hour before the game and drivels on when all you really want to know is who is in the teams, and 2, why do they always finish half way through every other programme on the TV so you have to watch a replay/ rehash of the game you've just watched or turn the TV off! I know the off switch is an option, but I do enjoy watching c**p!
I can spell but I can't type

Laslomas
Resident

Postby Laslomas » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:20 am

I think some of you are all a week out. 17th is next week, no footie on then.

This is the write up of the first programme of two.

Spain: Paradise Lost[SUB HD]
Part one of two. Stories of British expats now living in Spain, contrasting the benefits of hot weather and attractive house prices with the pitfalls that arise from moving abroad. Mandy Vickerman is swapping life in Bradford for the sunnier climes of Marbella and looks forward to a big discount following the recent property crash. But Wally Tynan's experience of Spain is blighted by an unfinished housing development and frequent sewerage problemsDocumentary

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:28 am

K chameleon wrote:
Why do they always want bad news stories?

Pretty obvious really, it sells newspapers, and gets good TV viewing figures.
And Spain with all it's demolitions, illegal builds etc is fertile ground for these programmes, there are more bad news stories than the programme makers could ever wish for! :D As I said, it's made for a British audience possibly thinking about moving out there. You know what will be coming, but I bet you'll still be watching it! :lol:
Try this, it'll be just up your street!
http://www.gnmagazine.org/goodnews/?S=2 ... 4wodWy21sw
Regards, Frank