We move tomorrow! Moment of truth

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Zofia
Resident

We move tomorrow! Moment of truth

Postby Zofia » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:55 pm

The day has finally come, and tomorrow we attempt to move into the house, a day before the builders return to finish off. We don't have the licence of first occupation yet, but hope that doesn't matter (we can always hide our stuff when the Town Hall man comes to inspect!). Our furniture is all in (and quite a lot still stacked up in the garage, we have FAR too much stuff!). And we will find out how we cope on our 3.3 electric supply. so far on our visits, we have used the aircon, kettle, lights, fridge-freezer and oven at the same time with no problems, so fingers crossed. We stayed a night over last week and I had my first ever solar-heated bath, which was lovely.

Wish us luck!
Finally really and properly living in Andalucia.

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Re: We move tomorrow! Moment of truth

Postby Julie » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:58 pm

All the very best to you, I hope its everything you want it to be and more besides :)
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:48 pm

Zofia..

My wife and I would like to wish you ' A Good Future and Lots of Happiness in Your New Home'...

We would have sent you a card, but we've only got 60th Birthday and Get Well soon cards left..! :lol:

Best Wishes,
Gordon & P.......

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:21 pm

Many, many congratulations and a long and happy stay in your new home. :D :D :D

Only one question: do you have to have your first license of habitation before you actually move in? I thought that was just the paperwork to get services? We are 'camping' in our house, due to be finished in three weeks. It never occurred to me that we couldn't move in without the license as we are so far in the campo we will never get any services, anyway. I know we need the license to sort out the escritura. Any advice?

Zofia
Resident

Postby Zofia » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:32 pm

Only one question: do you have to have your first license of habitation before you actually move in? I thought that was just the paperwork to get services?
We have water and electricity although at the moment we are using the deposito water, but thought that was just cos it was more convenient, maybe we will have to wait for the licence to get mains water (it is there, just not connected to us yet, although we have paid for connection).

I'm not actually sure of the legalities to be honest!
Finally really and properly living in Andalucia.

Chrissie
Resident

Postby Chrissie » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:35 pm

Every happiness to you in your new home Zofia :)
The past cannot be changed, but the present can be spoilt by worrying about the future

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:43 pm

Lavanda wrote: Only one question: do you have to have your first license of habitation before you actually move in? I thought that was just the paperwork to get services?
It's a habitation licence - without it you cannot legally "inhabit" the house. In reality it is only really a problem if one is never going to be granted. We have some neighbours who were sold a "house" which is legally only an agricultural storage facility. They were visited by the police and the house was taped up with blue and white tape and they were told they could not use it.

That was 6 years ago and they still use it for holidays but even then they are concerned that the police will turn up again.

Sid

Trato Hecho
Resident

Postby Trato Hecho » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:20 pm

Zofia wrote:We stayed a night over last week and I had my first ever solar-heated bath, which was lovely.
we have a solar heated paddling pool but i think i would like a bit more privacy when im having a bath?? must be to heavy to lift indoors when heated. :lol:

good luck :)

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:29 pm

Best of luck.
Dave

JAWG
Resident

Postby JAWG » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:14 pm

Benidorm wrote.
but we've only got 60th Birthday
I hate to be a spoil sport, but you missed my 60th birthday by 13 years.

Oh, well, I missed your (?) birthday too.
John G
Ottawa, ON, Canada