Horrible weather in June!

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
anewlife
Andalucia.com Amigo

Horrible weather in June!

Postby anewlife » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:35 pm

Crikey, what is happening to the weather? What is it like where you live? In Granada province it is raining and windy tonight and will be for the next 4 days! Where has all the good weather gone???

Chrissie
Resident

Re: Horrible weather in June!

Postby Chrissie » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:44 pm

Sorry to tell you, but I think it's over here! :oops:
The past cannot be changed, but the present can be spoilt by worrying about the future

HKM
Resident

Postby HKM » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:49 pm

We live to the west of Granada, it's cold and been raining heavily since about 4pm, forecast doesn't look very good into next week... Just when I put the long trousers away!

anewlife
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby anewlife » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:16 pm

Ha ha, we did too, got all my 'summer gear' out and then what - blinking weather changed just as we had set up hot tub (and turned it down as it was too hot!) and set up TV ready to watch World Cup in the hot tub...mmmm someone is against us all!! There must be a conspiracy somewhere to stop us enjoying ourselves!! ha ha

RichardCoeurdeLion
Andalucia Guru

Postby RichardCoeurdeLion » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:28 am

For goodness sake, a new life, don't touch that tv whilst in the hot tub, or even with wet hands.

I knew someone who's daughter took a radio into the bathroom and got electrocuted.

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:29 am

Lovely weather, went for a wonderful walk yesterday in the cool :mrgreen: just wish it would last for the next two months or so!
Torrox Costa "El mejor clima de Europa"

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:29 am

anewlife wrote:Ha ha, we did too, got all my 'summer gear' out
According to beachbabe you only need "a couple of pairs of shorts, 5 T shirts, knickers and bikini" in the summer in Andalucia! :lolno:
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?

karandjon
Andalucia Guru

Postby karandjon » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:53 am

patricia wrote:Lovely weather, went for a wonderful walk yesterday in the cool :mrgreen: just wish it would last for the next two months or so!
I'm with you on this Patricia. These temperatures are lovely. Now, if only we could find somewhere to live that is this temperature all year round... :lol:
vino, sol y aire, y seras rico como nadie

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:12 am

A welcome return of the rain and cooler temperatures. All windows opened ... breeze getting through .. the house has dropped 3ºC over the past few days. Great.
Dave

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:34 am

Hi mowser
We should do a house swap in August. It's cool here many days in the summer, although the night temperatures only drop 4 or 5 degrees meaning that even on bad days the night is still pleasant
That's why although we are in Spain we head south for better weather.
On returning it's very typical not to see a cloud until about 40 kms from Bilbao, when you're passing Vitoria, then it is overcast from there for last part

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:04 pm

Hi Mark. I don't really mind the high daytime temperatures as long as it cools down at night. The trouble here in July & August is that it doesn't cool much below below the low 20ºc.
Dave

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:41 pm

Personally, and for other hayfever sufferers, it is great weather. Although a lot of the pollen producers have gone over, there is still a lot around. This rain has neutralised it. It will be plenty sunny enough in the coming weeks!

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:02 pm

been sunny and warm here for ages in Surrey. Today is grey and overcast and we are going to an open air music event at Wisley Gardens this evening...including picnic. Rain forecast later :roll:

pirate
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pirate » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:20 pm

I´m in my home near Vienna now and its gorgeous here, even when its hot its never unbearable like in Spain
Snot me, stwiscki

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:12 am

katy wrote:been sunny and warm here for ages in Surrey. Today is grey and overcast and we are going to an open air music event at Wisley Gardens this evening...including picnic. Rain forecast later :roll:
I know and you drove right past me as I was making my way over Kingston Bridge to Hampton Wick without offering me a lift in the pouring rain and me carrying ten bags of shopping!

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:49 am

Well I did give you a Royal wave :lol: The rain held off for the concert but it wasn't the same wearing a Mac over my posh frock!

I used to like a bit of rain in June in Spain, keeps the dustiness down for a short while. That's why I like Florida and the caribbean. it rains a lot but keeps warm. Spain has been strange the last few years. Just when we were saying in early May is it ever going to warm up we would go straight into fierce heat. Never seemed to be any "just right" season. Around 22C all year would be fine for me 8)

karandjon
Andalucia Guru

Postby karandjon » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:01 pm

katy wrote:Around 22C all year would be fine for me 8)

Sounds perfect to me too! Let me know if you ever find anywhere like that! :lol:
vino, sol y aire, y seras rico como nadie

julian
Andalucia Guru

Postby julian » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:10 pm

even if there is somewhere with that climate no doubt there will be other things to whinge about, the food, the prices ,the service, the crime,the people,the health service and a long etc

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Postby patricia » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:23 pm

katy wrote:Well I did give you a Royal wave :lol: The rain held off for the concert but it wasn't the same wearing a Mac over my posh frock!

I used to like a bit of rain in June in Spain 8)
Have you sold up and gone then Katy!! back to Kingston upon Thames!! England in the Summer is wonderful lucky you!

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:12 am

Cool, sunny spells and rain showers here. Perfect for swelling tomatoes, grapes, acetunas and vegetable gardening generally. The lawns look fantastic again and the campo is green. Fantastic!