Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
samaga
Tourist

Re: Comments and queries re FAQ for Non-resident income tax

Postby samaga » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:53 pm

Beachcomber you're an absolute lifesaver!!! It worked! Thank you so much. I had just spent almost five hours trying to generate the pdf to print.
My (very) Best Regards, Samaga

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:03 pm

I had been intending to compile a new FAQ for declarations for 2018 and subsequent. Your posts have prompted me to make a start on it. If you encounter any further anomalies or difficulties with the new form please let me know. I can only do it from my own personal experiences and from that of others.

captaintpgc

Postby captaintpgc » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:03 pm

Beachcomber, please keep up the good work. You have saved me hundreds on legal fees. Very much appreciated. Kindest regards
Gaptaintpgc :thumbup:

Cornflake4
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Cornflake4 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:00 am

Hello everybody and Happy and healthy New Year to you all!

I have a little technical question re payment of imputed tax for 2017 submitted online via Modelo 210 using a digital certificate paying by direct debit and wonder if anyone has been in a similar situation previously?

I filled my (Father's) 2017 return online last January (2018) - so far so good - but as I was starting to gather info to process year 2018, I realised with horror that the payment for 2017 probably must not have gone through!

My Father changed banks at the beginning of December 2018 and I know from experience that the payment for the imputed tax is debited at the end of December - I just checked both old and new account and nothing was debited...arghhh.

As I (still) do not speak Spanish, I'm unsure about what to do next?
Contact the new bank (they said they would deal with all exisiting standing orders and direct debits)?
Contact the tax office?
And am I right in thinking that we will incur a fine? And how to process/pay for it?

Any guidance/advice would be much appreciated and received with much thanks

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:37 am

If the payment went astray you will be contacted by AEAT both by post and the electronic office on its web page. There may even already be a communication on there which you can access with the digital certificate. Details of any fines or surcharges will be sent to you for payment. The estimated charges can be found on the FAQ.

By all means check with the bank but I suspect that this kind of one off charge may have slipped through the net.

You could also retrieve the declaration and go through the procedure again giving the new bank account details but I suppose this could result in the tax being paid twice.

If you will be in Spain in the near future the best option would be to make an appointment and call at the tax office to explain the situation but if you do not speak Spanish you would need to take a translator.

Cornflake4
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Cornflake4 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:17 pm

Hello Beachcomber,

As ever, thank you so much for your reply.
In the midst of a nasty cold so couldn't think straight and didn't even think to check the online electronic office site.
No notification to be seen so I'll chase the bank and see if they can help.
Would it be worth it me updating the thread on what happens next?

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:57 pm

Yes please, I would be interested to know the outcome.

ericsbcn
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ericsbcn » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:49 pm

Now that I've had a couple of quarters experience with the 2018 210 form, I thought I'd post my observations about the new saving/retrieval process.

1. The completed forms are now stored on AEAT servers, not locally on your hard disk.

2. If you digitally file your form, there is no need to explicitly save it. It will be saved automatically when you do Sign and Send (Firmar y Enviar). Although you can save it if you want to. It will ask you to confirm that you want to overwrite the existing one, if there is one.

3. There are two ways to retrieve previously completed forms. On the Form 210 page:

A. Select under Submissions (Presentaciones): Filing accrued 2018 and following (Presentación devengos 2018 y siguientes). This will open a blank form. At the top of the form, fill in your NIF and name, and the period and year of the previous form you want to retrieve. Then, at the bottom, click the button that says "Load tax return" (Cargar).

B. Select under Filings using data from previous tax returns or from previous years (Presentaciones utilizando datos de declaraciones presentadas previamente o de periodos anteriores): Filing tax returns for 2018 and subsequent years (Presentación declaraciones ejercicio 2018 y siguientes). This will open a separate page where you enter your NIF and name, and a period and year. Then click on "Buscar" (this form does not seem to be available in English). It will display the previous period, which you can select. For example, if you entered Q4 2018, it will display and allow you select Q3 2018. When you select it, it will open that 210 form.

Then you can fill out your current form using previous data. Don't forget to change the period and year to the current one.

Have fun!

Cornflake4
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Cornflake4 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:41 pm

Re: Missed payment of Imputed tax due to a change in bank account

Hello all,
An update on my previous post as promised.
So after a few emails back and forth with my Father's new bank manager, the bank asked me to forward them a copy of the return in question (displaying the Código Seguro de Verificación of the INFORMACIÓN DE LA PRESENTACIÓN DE LA DECLARACIÓN), the bank accepted to pay the tax manually on our behalf without my Father being present and will post a receipt to his home address.
At this point, still no communication nor notification from the Agencia Tributaria regarding any fine due for late payment...I'll post again if this shows up (cross my fingers it won't).
Also, I would like to stress that it is always worth politely standing your ground with banks etc: at first, the bank manager had no idea that non residents could submit their tax returns online and that the taxes due were then automatically debited from their bank account!

Marc1970
Tourist

Postby Marc1970 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:39 pm

Hi all,
I've just got Digital Certificate, and want to use it to file and pay for 4T/2018 rental income tax.

Could you please help and confirm:
As payment method I choose >
"Domiciliación del importe a ingresar (Direct debit of the amount to deposit)" and put my IBAN No in the next field.
Does this mean that the payment will be done automatically by the AEAT after i press "Sign and send"?
No other actions are required to make the payment?

Many thanks

ericsbcn
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ericsbcn » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:29 pm

Marc1970 -

Yes, I believe that's all you have to do. I did it that way a couple of years ago and I think the tax was deducted from my bank account pretty soon after that. There was a question on here a few months ago about when the amount was actually deducted from your bank account. I think someone was saying theirs wasn't actually deducted until the end of the year. Check a few pages back on this thread to be sure.

Another way you can do it -- and this it what I usually do -- is select A ingresar (To Deposit) and then the Realizar pago (Complete payment) button. That takes you to another page where you can input your bank details. It then generates a confirmation number (NRC) which is automatically inserted back into the 210 form. Then, you do Sign and Send.

Good luck!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:43 pm

Thank you for the information Ericsbcn.

Your second method is how I pay my wife's quarterly rental and IVA. I had not got around to discovering that you could now do it in the same way with the new 210. I shall add this to the FAQ. Thanks again.

The deadline for the payment of tax on actual income, as you know, is the 20th of the month following the quarter that is being declared so I think the amount will be taken from the account around that time.

The deadline for payment of imputed tax is the end of December following the year that is being declared so that is not taken until the end of the year. This poses a problem as another member has discovered because what happens if you do the declaration in, say, January giving your current bank account number then you change your bank later in the year?

I don't know the answer to that question.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:51 pm

Cornflake4, I didn't realise that you had a CSV number. I didn't think that became available until the payment was secured. AEAT may track down the new bank account and take the money from there. I think you should be alert to the possibility that you may end up paying twice.

If this happens please report back and I will try to explain how to go about obtaining a refund of one of the amounts.

ericsbcn
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ericsbcn » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:06 pm

I found the messages related to when the tax is actually deducted from your bank account. On this page:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=31081&start=1180#p385542

See the reply from kevintosh on how to check when the debit will happen.
Last edited by ericsbcn on Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:14 pm

Could you please check the link. That one goes back to 2012 and I can't see a reply from anyone called kevnintosh.

ericsbcn
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ericsbcn » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:32 pm

Funny. When I click on it, it takes me to the right place. Page 60 of this thread.

I've edited the post to put the link on a separate line. See if that works any better.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:42 pm

Very strange. It says page 60 but it is 2012. I will check on my PC later on.

ericsbcn
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ericsbcn » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:31 pm

2012 is when this thread was started. Maybe it's taking you to the first page?

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:45 pm

It shows that it is page 60 but it can't be. I will see where it leads on my PC

I have found it, on page 5. It is probably because I have board preferences as 'Descending' but I don't recall it affecting links before.

Anyway, quarterly tax on rental payments seem to go out on around 22nd of the following month. This is strange because when I pay my wife's quarterly tax and IVA it is deducted from our account at the very moment I submit the declaration even though the deadline is also the 20th.

ericsbcn
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ericsbcn » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:46 pm

Yes, I have noticed that when you do the To Deposit (A ingresar) method of paying, where it takes you to a separate page, it takes the amount out of our bank account immediately.