Winter and electric blankets

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Re: Winter and electric blankets

Postby Wicksey » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:14 am

kexon wrote:Personally,I would definitely bring the electric blanket and a good quality duvet,both difficult to find/buy over here,especially duvets,due to smaller sizes and poor quality.Whilst I would bring your thermals and jumpers etc also.Spanish houses can be freezing in the winter.
If you are anywhere near a Dunnes Stores (nearest to Nerja is in El Ingenio, Velez Malaga) you can at least get decent duvets in English sizes, plus bedlinen and English style pillows which is useful.

I agree with all the other comments, it does get chilly here in the winter - we've had to go to bed wearing socks, pjs and a tee shirt on occasions :oops:

kexon
Resident

Postby kexon » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:03 am

Unfortunately not near Velez,however purchased a beautiful king size feather down duvet from Aldi(English size) 49 Euros its super light and very warm,lovely!

sungoddess
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby sungoddess » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:06 pm

We have a king size electric blanket and put it on a standard double bed,this gives an extra 3" on the length and takes the blanket to just over the edges of the smaller bed.
Have just put a new post on re: gas fires,so if you are looking at this then please have a look at that.
Thank you

dxf
Resident

Postby dxf » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:06 pm

Hola

I will also say that I use an electric duvet having seen them praised on this forum. I have used electric blankets in the UK, but the last ten years I had a water bed! Electrically heated, it was wonderful in winter!

I also use portable gas fires but turn the dehumidifiers on in October and off about April

Davexf