Switching to Endesa 'One Luz' Tariff

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
vinuela vinny
Resident

Switching to Endesa 'One Luz' Tariff

Postby vinuela vinny » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:03 am

Morning All

Does anyone have any experience of switching from Endesa's default tariff, to their new 'One Luz' tariff, which is advertised as 12% cheaper, please?

We have been Endesa customers for twelve years now, and have managed our account online, without any problems, and whilst we have good experience of switching in the UK, there is a niggling anxiety about doing so with Endesa - sleeping dogs and all that...... But we are spending around €1,000 per annum on the current tariff, and a saving of €120 should not be easily dismissed.....

Has anyone already switched to this tariff? and if so, what was the experience like?

Thanks in advance

Vincent

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Switching to Endesa 'One Luz' Tariff

Postby El Cid » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:26 am

There should be no problems switching to a new tariff - switching to another supplier is more difficult.

Beware of special offers! The chances are that they have just increased the basic price and then knocked 12% off! Check the proposed new tariff against what you are actually paying at the moment, not what is quoted on their site.

All electricity suppliers are selling below what they really need to charge and the government subsidise the difference. As a result, they have no room to move on prices as they all charge pretty much the same. That only applies to normal domestic customers with a potencia of less than 10kw. Above that there is a lot of competition.

If you haven't already got a dual tariff (night/day) then changing to that will save more than a small discount will.

Sid

alisonb
Resident

Postby alisonb » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:24 am

We switched to it about 6 months ago. At the same time, the unit price went up. We're on night and day tariff which as Sid says saves more than the discount. Having said that, we're not paying any more per unit with the discount than we were and the discount from the fixed rate potencia charge is significant.
AlisonB

Superplonk
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Superplonk » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:06 pm

The website makes it impossible to work out how they got to the figure of 12%. I'm considering changing to it just because our current tariff is no longer marketed and I feel exposed, but I'm not convinced that there is any sure saving to be had.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:15 pm

I was in the situation where my tariff was no longer marketed. I could have "saved" 12% from the current published figure but it would still have been more than I was paying on my old tariff.
You can make genuine savings by dual tariff. However when you change tariffs they might ask for an up to date boletin, safety certificate. If you don't have one it could cost around €200 to get one and more if your existing electrical installation does not meet the current standards.
Please note I did say they might ask for one, but more likely they might not.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

jhonie99
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jhonie99 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:58 pm

We swithced to "one luz" several months ago.

Genuine 12% discount from a genuine tarif.

Procedure all done online, without any problems.

Can be cancelled anytime without penalty.

At same time, we also contracted cuotadoce, fixed monthly payments at a value selected by us, within a range given by Endesa.

day/night tarifs wouldn't help us as we are low users. Much more important to replace old appliances with more efficient ones.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:52 pm

jhonie99 wrote:We swithced to "one luz" several months ago.

Genuine 12% discount from a genuine tarif.
I have no doubt you did get 12% off the currently published tariff that applies to new contracts. But what tariff were you on before you switched?
The tariff I was on was lower than the currently published tariff including the 12% discount.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:12 pm

jhonie99 wrote: day/night tarifs wouldn't help us as we are low users. Much more important to replace old appliances with more efficient ones.
It makes no difference if you are a high or low user - you will almost certainly save money.

I am a heavy user at it saves me nearly €1000 a year.

Sid

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Postby TorreDelAguila » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:56 pm

We've been on dual tarriff (DH) for almost twelve years now, and found we can easily achieve 70%+ of our consumption during the cheap hours. Water heating, most pool pumping, dishwashing and laundry all get done between 11pm and noon, when tariff is low.

As others have also reported, we did look at switching to newer tariffs a year or so ago, but they were all more expensive.

Seems that old Endesa tariffs never actually disappear, they just get added to.
Last edited by TorreDelAguila on Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chris

Mowser
Andalucia Guru

Postby Mowser » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:38 pm

Jings crivvens and help ma boab, Sid! Our annual bill isn't even €1,000! Maybe my meter's been bypassed .....
Dave

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:44 pm

If you want to see just what a big bill looks like, instal a 17kw underfloor heating system.

It seemed like a good move when we built this house. We are warm but the bills are horrendous!

Sid

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:06 pm

You wouldn't have that problem with my potencia!

On a serious note can I change to the night/day tariff online? Having spent 18 months getting endesa to replace my faulty meter and increase potencia (ie endesa got no money for 18 months!!!) I have no wish ever to converse with the idle incapables ever again.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:46 am

ashtondav wrote:... can I change to the night/day tariff online?
If I remember correctly I changed to the dual tariff two years ago on-line without any problem.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

poppy1
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby poppy1 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:22 am

I'm on day/night tariff and try to do as much as possible during the night tariff. My annual bills amount to around 1000€. Do you think I would making any saving switching to 'One Luz'?

Poppy

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:15 pm

As I said previously in this thread, what is your current tariff and is 12% off the new published tariff cheaper?
If you go onto the 12% off it will be off the new tariff not your existing tariff.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris