Ebay.uk and Global Shipping Programme

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Ebay.uk and Global Shipping Programme

Postby gerryh » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:59 pm

I often buy items from Ebay.uk
Recently some purchases have been delivered by the new Ebay Global Shipping Programme. :think:
One, a least, of these items would have been delivered by the normal postal system.
The new system uses multiple carriers which, so far, has ended up being SEUR here in Spain. So usually it is essential that you include your phone number on your address. However in my case SEUR seems to have my phone number already recorded, I often have deliveries via them, so it doesn't matter whether or not my phone number is on the address label.
A delivery was due today, had an email from them yesterday stating this. I was out this morning and the driver tried to phone me but I didn't answer as I was driving.
When I got home I found an email, timed at the end of the unanswered call, saying couldn't deliver and providing a link,in the language of my choice, to reschedule the delivery on day of my choice. :thumbup:
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Re: Ebay.uk and Global Shipping Programme

Postby spanish_lad » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:28 pm

sounds like they have actually listened to peoples opinions and done something about it at last
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Postby TorreDelAguila » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:17 pm

Us too. Been amazed to receive a several emails from SEUR within a few days, relating to two Amazon UK deliveries. In all the years, this is unprecedented! Maybe finally they have listened - or just realised that offices and phone lines continually clogged with frustrated customers is . . . expensive!
Chris

kexon
Resident

Postby kexon » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:28 pm

if you dont normally have problems with couriers it works well.if like us the couriers in your area are not good then you will find if you have to contact the seller they will often wash their hands of the whole thing,as many dont even know how the system works and you will have to hunt down the goods yourself,as i had to do.many buyers complaints of this delivery method on the ebay forum and often the postage for this system is considerably more expensive.