Tax return 2015

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
kexon
Resident

Tax return 2015

Postby kexon » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:10 pm

Last year I brought all my Spanish tax up to date, 4 years and I paid €300 for the privilege of a zero tax return. I was not happy at the cost but it was all in order.
This year the same company wants to charge me €181 for one years tax return, now I think they are taking the "micky". (altered in the name of politeness).
I will be returning a zero return, and have last years return to refer to.
Questions.
Can anyone recommend an online service of this.
Is there an English translation for the online submission to the Spanish tax authorities.

I know it's all a little late as it's due very soon, tax is something that "creeps up" while your busy doing other things. It was'nt till I got an email a few day's ago from the said company that I realised that it was due. My thinking is they left it late in order to panic me into paying their fee.

Thank you in anticipation.

Unicorn
Resident

Re: Tax return 2015

Postby Unicorn » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:26 pm

Hi there

I pay between about 30 euros for my (uncomplicated) tax return to be filed by a local gestor.

Why not ask your local bank if they can recommend anyone? That's how I found mine in the first place.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:27 pm

Make an appointment with the tax office and they will do it for free. You can do it online using the Padre program, but it isn't easy the first time you do it.

Otherwise, don't bother, as if you are sure there is no tax to pay and you have regularised your previous position, you probably don't need to make an annual zero declaration.

Most " financial gestors" charge anything up to 200 Eur for 5 minutes work on their computer.

Sid

Unicorn
Resident

Postby Unicorn » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:36 pm

Only thing Sid I have been doing mine despite paying nothing as it makes me fiscally resident because I get healthcare and am not retired. Would you not advise to do it just to have it just in case?

Also a friend of mine had a bit of a hassle when they sold as they had not done one.

If you can do it for not a lot, I would do it.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:48 pm

Personally, I would do it as I do it myself and its very easy.

The important thing is to submit a zero return in your first year of tax residency to make sure you are on the system. After that it's really up to you. If you turn up at the tax office the chances are that they will tell you not to bother. The rules about whether you should submit or not are quite clear and if you just have a basic UK state pension, you probably don't need to.

For those pensioners who have a UK government pension and who have not been declaring it in the past, now have to and even if you have the basic state pension that is basically tax free, once you add in the UK got pension you will almost certainly have to pay tax.

Sid

kexon
Resident

Postby kexon » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:08 pm

Thank you all for your replies.
Interesting.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:55 pm

Just submitted my tax return online using my new cl@ve PIN.
Must have done it correctly as within a very short time the money was taken from our joint bank account. :thumbup:
Also submitted my wife's tax return online, she gets a rebate, but the money hasn't been paid into our account yet. :think:
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Postby oliveview01 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:25 am

A bit late I know, remember that you have to opt out of donating to the Catholic church and another charity when you fill in your tax return! You are right Beachy, opt in! The kind gestor opted in for us! :shock:
Last edited by oliveview01 on Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:30 am

Actually, I think you have to opt in.

My wife's rebate was repaid two days after submitting her tax return and my payment will be deducted on 31st June as it was last year.

This was done with our digital signatures which I find far easier.
Let's go Brandon!

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:41 pm

Beachcomber wrote:..my payment will be deducted on 31st June as it was last year.
So you will never have to pay since there are only 30 days in June? :twisted: :twisted:
Sorry, feeling flippant.
On a serious note I thought I read on one of the Aeat pages that online payments would be taken out on the 30th June.
Can't remember seeing a tick box, or otherwise, in the tax declaration to opt in/out of delaying payment until the 30th.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:58 pm

A question for those of you who took your declarations to the bank for payment.

Previously the PADRE program produced two complete sets, about 14 pages in all, which you took to the bank to have the payment taken out of your account. They stamped both copies, gave you the one marked on every page as "for the contributor" and the other one, marked on every page as for the tax office got put in a special envelope and sent to AEAT.

This year it has changed. You get two receipt forms, one marked for you and one for the tax office, but only one (now much shorter) declaration with no indication of who it is for. My bank gave me my receipt and the whole declaration. I suggested that the declaration should go to the tax office. They clearly had no idea what was the correct procedure and then put the declaration in the special envelope and I just left with the stamped receipt.

I have spoken to another person who had the same experience with his bank and left holding his declaration. If this happens I cannot see how you can be deemed to have made a declaration unless there is some hidden process in the program that sends the data to AEAT. Of course, the program does allow you to do it all online but you need some form of digital ID to do this.

What have others experienced?

Sid

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:48 pm

gerryh wrote:So you will never have to pay since there are only 30 days in June? :twisted: :twisted:
Yes, I realised what I had written later but wasn't in a position to change it. I can only put it down to my utter incredulity and euphoria at the result of the referendum.
Let's go Brandon!