INSURANCE CLAIM

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
jaycecampo
Andalucia.com Amigo

INSURANCE CLAIM

Postby jaycecampo » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:05 pm

Just been inspecting the damage from the rain last night. Am I covered by my household insurance. The damage is all external, the garden, drive way etc ruined by excessive water running from the neighbours land above me, rocks and water gullies everywhere. With Linea Directa. Suppose it is classed as an 'act of God' however, if they had a ditch or something I wouldn't be on the receiving end of it.

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Re: INSURANCE CLAIM

Postby Miro » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:22 pm

Perhaps try asking Linea Directa? Just a thought.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

oliveview01
Andalucia Guru

Re: INSURANCE CLAIM

Postby oliveview01 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:39 pm

Every Spanish policy holder pays a small amount to the ' consorcio' sorry if spelling is wrong! Then for a natural disaster the consorcio pays the bill. Not sure if it is the Andalucian government or central government who back it up. We had a claim for flood damage a few years back. Took photos to Mapfre office, they did everything else for us. We were told to get repairs done fast ( lost foundations) all very straightforward.