On a Scale of 1 to 10 how high would you rate living in Andalucia??

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
patricia
Andalucia Guru

Re: On a Scale of 1 to 10 how high would you rate living in Andalucia??

Postby patricia » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:26 pm

I love Granada, it is my favourite city, but it does get chilly there, even snow sometimes, however it is only a short drive to the coast, you have the mountains, and the alpujarra and very good roads/motorways and you can whiz along to Malaga for a visit etc. Very nice choice. As people have said some things will drive you mad but other things you will love. Difficult to give a rating. But good luck anyway, you will enjoy it and if you dont you can just move back. It will be a lovely experience anyway whatever happens and good that you can speak a little Spanish.
Torrox Costa "El mejor clima de Europa"

CielodeCadiz
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: On a Scale of 1 to 10 how high would you rate living in Andalucia??

Postby CielodeCadiz » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:02 pm

We are Americans who bought in Cadiz old town about 5 years ago. We are not residents but usually stay a minimum of 2 months per year and try to visit twice per year.

Have never had problems with electricity or water being out ... the bureaucracy has been minimal and quick to correct errors (for example, attributed our property tax payment to the wrong unit in our building) ... the people welcoming and respectful and encouraging ... the culture/lifestyle always active, attractive, and affordable.

While becoming residents would present a huge (taxes) challenge, the status quo for us presently is very nice. I can't assign a numerical value to "rate" Andalusian living, but I can say we've never regretted our purchase and we are always ready to return to "our" Sur.