Certificate of conformity for Spanish car

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Julie
Andalucia Guru

Certificate of conformity for Spanish car

Postby Julie » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:17 pm

Hi
Can anyone tell me please what the certificate of conformity looks like for a Spanish car, and if I should have one from when I bought my car new.
I'm not sure what I am looking for, I need it to register my Spanish car in the UK
Thanks
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Certificate of conformity for Spanish car

Postby costakid » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:41 pm

Usually an A4 sheet of paper, it will have the chassis number on it, the emissions, tyre size and all the dimensions. Depending on the brand the cost of a replacement varies. A Peugeot is free, a Ford is about £80 and a BMW is around £100. You can’t register a car in the EU without one but they are very rarely passed on by the main dealer when you buy a new car. You get a replacement from the manufacturer not the main dealer.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:43 pm

Hi Julie,
Might give you some idea............

https://www.eurococ.eu/es/certificado-de-conformidad
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

knowal
Resident

Postby knowal » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:29 pm

This is one for my Spanish car which I got when I re-registered it in the UK:
https://www.kn0wall.co.uk/Media/Ford%20CoC%20Scan1.jpg
and the other side with most info:
https://www.kn0wall.co.uk/Media/Ford%20CoC%20Scan2.jpg
Hope this helps. If you need more information on how to reregister a Spanish car in the UK I wrote an article about it here:
https://www.kn0wall.co.uk/wordpress/201 ... in-the-uk/

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:59 pm

Julie, assuming your "Spanish" car is left hand drive, are you really sure you want to keep it to use in the UK? I just had a quick look at White Horse's excellent blog about re-registering, and noticed his/her reasons for doing so:
"We needed the car to move our animals with us to England.
The car is just what I need and has been very economical and reliable since I bought it.
The car is only 5 years old and has low mileage."

We also needed to drive back to the UK to take our cat with us. We also owned the car from new, it had served us very well, and had really low mileage for it's age. We sold it to one of the left hand drive dealers in the UK, who came to pick it up & dealt with all the paperwork, and frankly gave us far more than the same vehicle on UK plates & RHD would have been worth, probably far more than we would have got for it in Spain either, so a win win. We used the proceeds towards a UK RHD car. Driving around in the LHD was fine for a while, but not for the long term.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

knowal
Resident

Postby knowal » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:29 pm

Just as a matter of interest Miro, last month I sold the Spanish car to friends from Spain, who have taken it back to register back on its old plates.
I'm now driving a RHD car, after nearly 3 years on LHD it's so much better when turning left.
Sounds like you did a great deal with your LHD!

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:17 pm

There was a particular y junction at Ormskirk, that made a left turn a co-driver responsibility - and Mrs.M won't mind me saying she has absolutely no road sense. So the LHD simply had to go!
I actually put the Spanish car on eBay and had a great response, so could probably have got more, but the dealer took the hassle out of it.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.