Mains Water

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
DannyB
Tourist

Mains Water

Postby DannyB » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:38 pm

We have recently bought a property in the campo ,near Coin. It is not on mains water. The nearest house that is on the mains is about 1/2 a kilometre away. There are probably only 2 properties on our road that would like to be on the mains, [ both Brits]. Does anyone have any knowledge [or views] on what, if any, obligation the Ayuntamento has to provide a water supply.

country boy
Andalucia Guru

Re: Mains Water

Postby country boy » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:27 pm

In my experience...no obligation whatsoever; however it would be worth making an appointment with the Mayor to discuss the options...always a good place to start! Good Luck!

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:10 pm

I agree. We live in the Campo and absolutely no one has mains water. You need to be in an urban area to get an chance.

Sid

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:39 pm

I once got a free tanker from the local village Ayuntamiento, but only because my Spanish friend bullied him into it ;-) ! The whole procedure was hilarious (from our perspective), and we offered the 'boss man' (who had got soaked during the process) a beer. He wouldn't take it but said to give it to the driver, but the driver, tho' clearly fancying a refreshing drink, didn't dare in front of the boss !
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:23 pm

How about offering to pay for the pipework installation?

You would also need to cover who maintained it post installation.

1/2 km is not far.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:00 pm

It may not be far, but the cost could be very high. If it is being installed "officially" it will have to meet strict regulations about underground services. When we built our house we had to have the electric cables from the pylon to the meter on our outside wall. It was about 30m and they had to dig a trench 1m deep with two conduits (one as a spare) under the road. The base had to be cemented. Manhole covers at each end. Total cost about €3000.

Sid

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:55 pm

Where I live, in the campo, the water is supplied by Aqualia.
Practically all the pipes run above ground. That is the way they prefer them, easier to spot and repair leaks.
If anybody wants to connect to the supply they can do provided they get a contract with them and have a meter installed.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris