DWP form S1

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:46 am
Location: Ayamonte

DWP form S1

Postby myklmar » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:01 pm

:? Received form S1 from Dept. Works and Pensions UK, regarding healthcare cover in Spain.

It states that form should be taken to 'the authorities in Spain for registration.'

Can anyone help me with finding out to which "authority" to take form?
Town Hall, Police, Medical Centre, Hospital?

Thanks in advance,

User avatar
Posts: 948
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:40 pm
Location: Fuente de Piedra

Re: DWP form S1

Postby Trooperman » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:07 pm

As far as I recall (from 5 years ago) it is the Junta de Andalucia regional Social Security Offices. In my case this was Ronda although I lived in a village nearby. In your case, in Ayamonte, I would go to your local health "consultario" and they will tell you where your office is....then take along all your residents documents, padron papers, passport etc.
nil illegitimum carborundum

El Cid
Andalucia Guru
Posts: 14202
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:42 pm
Location: La Herradura, Costa Tropical, Granada

Re: DWP form S1

Postby El Cid » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:24 pm

You can make an appointment online and that will tell you which INSS office you should go to.

https://sede.seg-social.gob.es/wps/port ... BIS9nQSEh/

You will need your registration card/green sheet plus a copy of your Padron, your passport and the S1 forms.

I did mine recently and it was very straightforward.


Posts: 741
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:53 am
Location: Huelva province

Re: DWP form S1

Postby Gasman » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:59 pm

Once you have been to the Social Services office - INSS - in Ayamonte, with your S1, they will send or give you a card/letter which you then take to your local Health Centre - Centro Salud - where there should be a Social Services desk ... they will log you onto their computer system and get a Health card sent to you, or for you to call in again to get it. Thats it then, you are in the Health Service ...
If you have dependants with you, wife, children etc, they will be classed with you as your dependants - take marriage cert, childrens passports, etc if relevant, to INSS office. EG your wife can benefit from the same services as you.
Note that with your S1, you have to get your European Health card from UK - Newcastle - I think your S1 letter may advise you about how to do it?

Posts: 382
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:03 pm
Location: Estepona

Re: DWP form S1

Postby pensure1988 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:31 am

Good Morning

I went with my S1 and copies thereof together with my Passport,Original and copies of my Green Resedencia Certificate together with my Padron Certificate and copies thereof to the Central Health Centre in Estepona. The Lady Translator took me right to the registration desk and I was registered in no time at all and received a Print out of my Details of my New Doctor and Nurse as well. I have even now got my first appointment to see my Doctor.

Hope this helps


Posts: 382
Joined: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:03 pm
Location: Estepona

Re: DWP form S1

Postby pensure1988 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:40 am

Once you have received your new registration form with your new health number. Wait a few days and then see if you can make an appointment using the link below.

https://ws003.juntadeandalucia.es/pls/i ... ios.inicio

Return to “Living in Andalucia”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 13 guests