Skipping off without paying

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Unicorn
Resident

Skipping off without paying

Postby Unicorn » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:34 pm

Hi folks

I have been asked what, if anything, an Spanish estate agent can do if an owner has done a private deal with one of their clients, sold and skipped of to UK without paying commission. There is plenty of documentary evidence that the viewing etc was done by them, but how easy is it to pursue someone in the UK, they ask me.

Does anyone know?

As ever, thanks for the wealth of info that will surely come my may :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Skipping off without paying

Postby costakid » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:38 am

Nothing I guess. The same as if someone from Spain did it in the UK. If the bank account is empty it would be too much trouble to chase through the small claims courts.

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:10 pm

Now that is a turn up for the books !

Someone ripping off an estate agent.

And yes, there is nothing they can do.

anyroads

AkoAko
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby AkoAko » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:08 pm

There is the European Small Claims system designed for claims across different countries within the EU but they would need details of the debtor that they probably wont have so personally i wouldent bother , used the UK small claims procedures dozens of times when i was in business and always won but got paid probably 50% of the time despite using bailiffs and garnishing wages .

maureenscot
Resident

Postby maureenscot » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:56 pm

Yes Akoako, EU one has been used by holiday rip offs and compensation claims. But seemingly most folk do not know about it.