vehicle tax

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
nearlynewinspain

vehicle tax

Postby nearlynewinspain » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:54 am

Does anyone know of a quick and easy way to confirm whether vehicle tax has been paid? Sounds a silly question but we recently bought both a new car from a Skoda dealer in Estepona for which the ITVM has period de pago shown as 20-27 Nov 2017. I assume that the dealer paid tax for 7 days and thereafter it is down to us or does that mean something else? Also as it was registered in Malaga province (we live in Cadiz) province) does it mean that I have to go to Espepona to pay the tax if/when it is due. Our other car (2nd hand which we also bought in Nov and changed the ownership at the DGT office in La Linea)) has no tax documentation with it.
Any specific or general advice on the subject would be helpful ..thank you.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Re: vehicle tax

Postby elusive » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:32 pm

Who ever owns the car on Jan 1st pays the car tax so for the car you bought in Nov you will have to pay the tax by i think its the end of may. You "should"get a bill through the post around now. I think we got one in the last few years so if i dont get it by april i normally go into the townhall. If not you just go to your local town hall and they will print off another. On it it it tells you where you can pay. most banks are on the list. Doesnt matter where the car was registared its down to where you live or your address that was registared when you bought the car. If you move make sure you change the details. The money goes to your townhall not a payment to a central agency