Customs form in English

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
brentles
Andalucia.com Amigo

Customs form in English

Postby brentles » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:12 pm

Hi there, a phone I had repaired in the US has been held by customs and they have posted me a customs form to fill in. I've only lived here a few weeks and don't speak Spanish. Apparently there is an English version of the form at http://www.adtpostales.com, but when I have navigated the website I can't find anything. Any advice on getting things cleared thru customs, and if anyone has the English version of the form (or knows where to find it on the web?

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Customs form in English

Postby costakid » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:33 pm

You will have to prove it was sent for repair otherwise customs automatically charge duty. Normally there is a customs declaration from the shipper so it can clear customs without an issue. Go to your local post office with your paperwork and they should be able to help you.

brentles
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby brentles » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:43 pm

Thanks, I don't know where to put on the form it is a repair (which is why I'm trying to find the English version of the form). I tried asking at the post office but she didn't speak good English and there were 8 people in the queue behind me!

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Thu May 03, 2018 1:46 pm

Go to the Google online translator, type in your text in English then convert to Spanish.
Google translate can be pretty crap at times but I know the Spanish translations are pretty good !