Dyson Vacuum Cleaner Repair

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
telboy
Resident

Dyson Vacuum Cleaner Repair

Postby telboy » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:10 pm

We have invested in a new Dyson vacuum cleaner after our previous one which is a DC05 and is about 25 years old packed in, to be precise it won't switch on). We'd like to get the old one repaired and use it at the holiday rental we care for as their new Philips cleaner 'Sucks' excuse the pun. The DC05 could have a major fault or something minor but it's worth getting repair price. Can anyone point me in the direction of someone who can repair it?

cheers terry

olive
Andalucia Guru

Re: Dyson Vacuum Cleaner Repair

Postby olive » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:59 pm

Try Ocano Electricals on Perez Alamo in Loja. They do electrical repairs and fixed a mobility scooter for us though I had to source the failed module and they work at a very slow speed.

Failing that ask at Moya dept store up near the Michelin Tyre place. We had a faulty white goods and Moya put us onto an excellent chap called Rafa mobile 699 329 281. He might also do vacuum cleaner repairs or know of someone else that does. He doesn't have premises.

Lastly Remin electricals up on the main road Fuente Santa industrial estate on the outskirts of Loja do repairs on just about anything electrical. Never seen a vacuum cleaner in their workshop but you never know. Highly recommended place.

Not appropriate for your query but while I am on a roll..... If you ever have vehicle electrical gremlins then Noni is your man on poligono Manzanil 2. Excellent knowledge and prices.

knowal
Resident

Postby knowal » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:05 pm

I had a similar problem and it was the switch. Like many problems in Spain caused by dry dust (sucio!).
I dismantled the switch (You need a special star section tool) instructions on YouTube. I thought I would need a new switch, but a little bit of WD40 did the trick, and I mean just a smidge.
If you still have a UK plug and use adaptors, have you checked the fuse?
Did it just fail to switch on one day, or has it been making nasty dying noises? If it made nasty noises the motor might have failed.

telboy
Resident

Postby telboy » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:37 pm

Whitehorse - Checked the fuse, that is OK. My wife was using the cleaner switched it off to do something else but it failed to come on the next time. She initially thought it may have a censor that detects overheating. On YouTube (e-spares guy) he mentions changing a faulty spring on the DC05 model (canister model rather than upright kind) I'll check this first.

Olive - thanks for all the contacts around Loja I'll attempt a DIY job first before seeking professional help. Thanks for your last contact, my car is 5 months old hopefully it won't need any repairs for some time.

Also not appropriate to your answer, but as you are in my area. Has the Verde Garden Centre in Loja folded in?

cheers all :thumbup:
terry

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:43 pm

if you contact Dyson Uk but give Spanish details they will put you in touch with Dyson.ES who are very helpful. All emails in English and Spanish.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:01 pm

Verde Garden centre. Yes it has folded. I keep having a look to see if anyone else has taken it on. If they do , I dare say it will go the same way. Best nearest are three at Antequera including one on old road to Cordoba amazingly open all day. In the other direction just one on the right going to Granada after Samta Fe. Do you know of any others?

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:10 am

Dyson repair, Garden centre. How bizarre to link the 2