Renewing green A4 residence certificate.

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
McT
Andalucia.com Amigo

Renewing green A4 residence certificate.

Postby McT » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:30 pm

Does anyone have recent experience of renewing their green A4 residence certificate for the card-sized "permanent" one, at Málaga or Torre del Mar?

What documentation was asked for? Our applications would also involve a change of address, would that make a difference? Does each applicant need to attend in person, or could I apply for my wife and myself without her being present?

Free at Last
Resident

Re: Renewing green A4 residence certificate.

Postby Free at Last » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:01 pm

We did this at Torre del Mar in 2014. Besides the original certificate which we had to hand back, we just needed the completed EX18 form plus a copy, our passports plus a copy and the Modelo 790 stamped by the bank (you need 3 of those, one for the bank, one for the Extranjeria and one for yourself to keep). If you want to change your address at the same time, you'd need your escritura or rental contract. I changed my address on a separate occasion and I'm pretty sure I wasn't asked for an up to date padron certificate.

You will both need to attend in person, and they changed over to the appointments only system at Torre del Mar a few months ago, no more turning up early in the morning and queuing.

fincalospinos
Resident

Postby fincalospinos » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:37 pm

I did it last November, and it is as Free at Last says, except that we only needed an up to date Padron to change the address.
Hardworking resident !!

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:23 pm

although it doesnt make sense, there has been reports of people being asked to complete the requierments of residencia even just for a renewal, ie; proving income, having healthcare etc.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

McT
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby McT » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:34 pm

One more question - do we each have to make an online appointment, or can we show up together on the same one?

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:29 pm

You should make two separate appointments. If you leave plenty of time you should be able to make them consecutively.