Resedencia Certificate encripted with Permanent Residence

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
pensure1988
Resident

Resedencia Certificate encripted with Permanent Residence

Postby pensure1988 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:25 am

Hi

Has any Expat applied for Permanent Residence to be encripted on their Green Residence Certificate . I need to know what the Procedures are to go about obtaining this new Form. I believe you can get this Form from the Foreigners Dept of your Local Police Station. You can have your Residence Formed encripted after your have been in Spain for 5 years, I believe.

Thank You

David

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Resedencia Certificate encripted with Permanent Residence

Postby El Cid » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:23 am

They just issue a new one. It's not necessary as if the date shown on the existing form, for your date of first residence, is more than 5 years ago, you automatically gain permanent residency rights.

Sid

fyfin
Resident

Re: Resedencia Certificate encripted with Permanent Residence

Postby fyfin » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:24 am

Incidentally, we tried to do this at Almeria and were told that we needed a different type of padron, called a padron historico. The guy at the town hall insisted it should not be necessary, as we had only lived in the same place for 6 years, and the date was clearly shown on a normal padron certificate. However, even though we took this padron historico certificate and completed forms etc we were turned away because the rules had just changed that day (this Wednesday).
Now we needed to supply all the same evidence we had supplied originally i.e. medical cover (in our case that would be via the Spanish Health system as we are registered with S1) and proof that we will not be a burden on the State, so all the usual bank statements or P60 translated.
So is it worth it? Is it even necessary? There seems to be different opinions but we're not sure whether to bother or not now.
Of course, we had also complicated matters because we were trying to register our Irish passports at the same time and we were told we can't have both i.e. if you register as Irish you start from scratch and any time you have already been registered as a resident will be ignored, even though we have been both fiscal residents for the same time.
If you continue as British you can have a little green card with permanent on it, which is likely to change to a Tie card anyway after 29th March but who knows what will happen and to further complicate things we might have a new prime minister in Spain.
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it