La Caixa bank transfers

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
marios
Resident

La Caixa bank transfers

Postby marios » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:25 pm

I have a relative who has just sold their apartment in ibiza and are trying to repatriate their money back to the UK but their bank are saying that they can't transfer out their account to whom I suggested they use ie Currency Fair, anyone else have the same bank account (although I don't know which one they have within that bank) and had problems with transfers of large amounts, it just might be the wrong type of account and they need to open another within Caixa but there heading out to Spain to sort it in a couple of weeks.

Paulinmalaga
Resident

Re: La Caixa bank transfers

Postby Paulinmalaga » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:01 pm

I don't know the exact details but a couple I know sold their house recently and had real hassles with their bank incidentally Santander who would only allow them to transfer 20k at a time every 3 days. They said it was a new "money laundering directive" that only came in the week before. But to me that's just another one out of their book of quotes to make your life as difficult as possible. Hopefully someone here can give you a more detailed answer.
I So Bella tis you

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Re: La Caixa bank transfers

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:16 pm

How are they trying to instruct the transfer from Caixa? Via internet banking (which will have a relatively small daily limit) or via another method?

Do they hold an account with Currency Fair? Is the account they are transfering to in their own name or is it the Currency Fair account held at another bank? Wher do Currency Fair hold their EUR account....in other words what bank will the transfer be sent to?

How much are they trying to transfer?

In my job I am coming up agaianst this more and more each week and the Spanish banks are the stand out winners for hiding behind Money laundering....all the banks are super scared and are becoming more and more cautious. There has even been protest marches by the Chinese community to BbVA in Madrid protesting against accounts being frozen.