eBay and Correos

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Ethan_Anda
Tourist

eBay and Correos

Postby Ethan_Anda » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:26 pm

Hey guys

I was wondering if anyone uses eBay and correos to sell items. I have a pari of medium sized, quite heavy speakers I would like to list but am very confused how to list them for shipping.

The question Id like to ask is do correos have a pickup service for large items? If not, do they accept large items at the office, or is there a way that people normally send large items from Spain.

Any help would be great.

Thanks guys.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Re: eBay and Correos

Postby gerryh » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:43 pm

I would suggest trying one of the carrier companies such as MRW, SUER, DHL, UPS etc.
They all have a pickup from home service.
No particular recommendation for any one of them.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:51 pm

Parcel2Go are cheap if you are posting overseas. I always use them UK to Europe. They offer Spain to everywhere.

1bassleft
Resident

Postby 1bassleft » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:06 pm

I second Parcel2Go, albeit I used them from UK. My Correos experience is limited (and I therefore dislike knocking) but 0/2 on ebay. I ordered from China and the tracking showed it reached Madrid and then got lost (the seller fully refunded me). A re-order to my UK address arrived fine, just like all my other orders from China.
I sold a lot of stuff last year from the UK (since last time, ebayUK has stitched up shipping to its own Shutl or else Royal Mail) and RM sent everything to Prague, China etc fine but one item arrived in Madrid within 24hrs and sat there for two weeks before finally moving on to my customer - in Madrid.

I definitely don't think "Correos=Spain in general" and recognise I have very little experience with them - but chasing and refunding is a headache and, so far, 0/2 is putting me off a rather useful item I've seen in Barcelona.

Ethan_Anda
Tourist

Postby Ethan_Anda » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:03 pm

Thanks guys, looks great!

I like the look of Parcel2G0, they pickup from the door so I guess Id just have to pack it.

On the off chance does anyone know how I would incorporate this service into an eBay account, just so the buyers can see the shipping prices. If not, I can ask in the bay forum.

Thanks guys

EDIT: Actually quite simple to link the service, just hoping it will now calculate shipping correctly.

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:41 pm

Just make sure you give Parcel2Go the correct measurements, and that the item won't "shift" ionside the packaging. I sent an awkward shaped item, which distorted en route to the depot, so when they measured it, it was greater in one dimension than I had said. I was charged extra, plus a penalty (tho' I did get half of it back after I complained !)
Otherwise, I have found them good (& it was my fault really ;-) )
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:34 pm

parcel2go are hot on correct weight and dimensions.

1bassleft
Resident

Postby 1bassleft » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:18 am

Also, from one solitary uncomfortable P2G experience, hold onto your P2G contract to ship (either electronic or printed) for a very long time. I sent many items and they usually chose DHL but an item went to the US and I think they subbed it (P2G have no fleet, they just get a big discount and pass some of it onto us) to FedEx. Months later, I got a whopping (>$200) bill from FedEx so I replied quickly, attaching my P2G paperwork already signed off as paid. FedEx sent me a couple of increasingly hawkish follow-ups before I battened them down with my receipt and the Japanese-Hebrew dish, "Sosumi"
Nearly a year later, they sent another "taking you to court over this unpaid bill" email. Never-deleted receipt and "Sosumi 2" worked, but system glitches can happen using go-betweens, I suppose.

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:06 pm

It took me a moment to work out what 'sosumi' was :-D
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

1bassleft
Resident

Postby 1bassleft » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:27 pm

Wish I could patent it, but I'm sure someone like George Burns came up with it. A search (yes, I have that much spare time) now attributes it to an Apple computer tune - as a two fingers to complaints from the Apple record label about name-pinching.

Apple has form for stealing (its OS from Xerox, iphone from a lone inventor who pitched his touchphone to Nokia and Apple) then taking people to court for stealing their stolen ideas (Microsoft, Samsung) so I shall (a) apologize unreservedly and (b) point out that I have very little money. Sosumi, Apple.